Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Millysue, you are asking the exact questions I wanted to ask, as I have the same problem and am also newish to testing - well, up until two days ago. My sleeping/waking figures since Saturday night and this morning are now very similar, and it's due to the tips the Forum members have been giving you, which I've picked up and actioned!

Now I need to get my numbers down from low 7s to low sixes and downwards from there! Bearing in mind 4 weeks ago they were double figures, I am well chuffed, so thank you for asking the questions and thank you to those Forum members who responded.
Millysue, you are asking the exact questions I wanted to ask, as I have the same problem and am also newish to testing - well, up until two days ago. My sleeping/waking figures since Saturday night and this morning are now very similar, and it's due to the tips the Forum members have been giving you, which I've picked up and actioned!

Now I need to get my numbers down from low 7s to low sixes and downwards from there! Bearing in mind 4 weeks ago they were double figures, I am well chuffed, so thank you for asking the questions and thank you to those Forum members who responded.

Good mornng Aylalake ,
I have been diabetic for 5 plus years, thought I was being sort of good, low fat, lots of fruit and veg, love roasted root veg. Baked spud at lunch time when I was at work, etc. etc.

Mum was tye 2, one of my sisters was type 2. My older brother IS type 2.
So it runs in the family.
I am type 2, taking 2 metformin twice a day, plus asprin and bloodpresure tablet.
Feet burn at night.
Stumble on this fab site a couple of weeks ago.
Horror!!!!! Looks like I have been doing it ALL wrong!
So I bought myself a meter ( nurse said no to testing back in January ) and I am trying the lchf thing. I am a veggie that eats some fish.

Won't to prove nurse wrong. Don't want eye problems like sister. Although eye problems also run in our family.
I am colour blind in my right eye, no one has figured that out yet.

Well done on you numbers.
Sorry its a long post people.

Reactions: 8 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Keep at it MS :)

Follow the advice of all here that are with you :) .... and irrelevant if it's one para or twenty.

Help is at hand

Reactions: 10 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Salted Cashews....its one of those spooky things... they don't seem to raise my BS's when I'm eating them.. but I find I am always higher the next morning... but that could be because the 2oz I'm allowed seems to turn into 4 or more ozs... like I said, I cant seem to rest when the packet is open.. because all I can hear coming from the draw is the words... eat me... eat ME...EAT ME.... its like they put a spell on me..lol
Try a handful of almonds( 15) they don't spike me.........and put the rest back in the safe ::))

Reactions: 10 people
S

Sable_Jan

Got up, could not sleep 5.7 @ 2.30am went back to bed 4am 1 coffee with cream

5.6 this morning fasting/breakfast 7.52am Tired and at work now.......
Its lousy when you don't sleep well. Hope the day goes quickly...

Reactions: 6 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Forgot to test this morning but before lunch was 6.3. Today is not a normal day....

I had a telephone call yesterday from the BBC inviting me along to a function to be filmed by them which will feature one of my business contacts who is the subject of a documentary series launching in the spring. We've had a lot of info from the film crew including a text just now which says sandwiches and soft drinks will be provided by BBC but we are advised to eat a meal beforehand as filming will take up to 3 hours and hungry participants do not make good subjects! How true!

Reactions: 17 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Forgot to test this morning but before lunch was 6.3. Today is not a normal day....

I had a telephone call yesterday from the BBC inviting me along to a function to be filmed by them which will feature one of my business contacts who is the subject of a documentary series launching in the spring. We've had a lot of info from the film crew including a text just now which says sandwiches and soft drinks will be provided by BBC but we are advised to eat a meal beforehand as filming will take up to 3 hours and hungry participants do not make good subjects! How true!
Wow how exciting....good luck with it all...

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Do you do autographs?

Reactions: 12 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all,
7.3 @ 10 to 8 sat on bed
8.3 @ 8.15 about to eat breakfast.
If this another liver dump, my question is, when I have my next blood test in April, will these spikes make a difference to the results of the blood test.
Have bought a meter, trying hard to change my life around.
Nurse said no to a meter, typ 2 etc
My nurse said the same thing but I've ignored her and bought one anyway. I figure the only way to gain control is to find out what food I can eat and for that I need a meter. Having said that I had a small portion of chippy sausage and chips at lunch.sent my bs from 4.3 to 7.1 but it was worth it:joyful: All in the name of a scientific study of course:rolleyes:

Reactions: 8 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 for me this morning. That's an straight, unadjusted reading. My feeling is batch 44 do read a bit high, but not enough to permanently annoy me. That must be a result in itself. :)

Reactions: 18 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 for me this morning. That's an straight, unadjusted reading. My feeling is batch 44 do read a bit high, but not enough to permanently annoy me. That must be a result in itself. :)

I'm finding that they are probably reading about .3-4 mmol/l too high with the odd strip being way way out. I've sort of got used to it now and with only 3 pots left, I'll live.

Reactions: 9 people
S

Sable_Jan

When can we start name dropping ;)

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Has anyone been using a 45 batch if it's more consistent as 44 is quite bad

Status
Not open for further replies.