Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
6.3 for me this morning... my own fault as usual - too many nuts before bed. That said they are gone now and I'm not buying any more cause they keep calling me once there opened..
Hi kezzer which type of nuts?

Reactions: 7 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got up, could not sleep 5.7 @ 2.30am went back to bed 4am 1 coffee with cream

5.6 this morning fasting/breakfast 7.52am Tired and at work now.......

Reactions: 16 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi kezzer which type of nuts?
Salted Cashews....its one of those spooky things... they don't seem to raise my BS's when I'm eating them.. but I find I am always higher the next morning... but that could be because the 2oz I'm allowed seems to turn into 4 or more ozs... like I said, I cant seem to rest when the packet is open.. because all I can hear coming from the draw is the words... eat me... eat ME...EAT ME.... its like they put a spell on me..lol

Reactions: 15 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
5.5 this morning. Could be worse but I like my magic 4.9 best. Oh yes, had a glass of red wine with my tea last night, unusually it lowers my levels at the time but makes me higher in the morning. I think it accentuates the panic setting in from liver at night and overcompensating.

Happy Monday all :)

Reactions: 19 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Back from Drs , no doctor to do bloods, stuck in traffic.

Trying again in Wednesday 08:00 third time lucky I hope.

Reactions: 8 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Salted Cashews....its one of those spooky things... they don't seem to raise my BS's when I'm eating them.. but I find I am always higher the next morning... but that could be because the 2oz I'm allowed seems to turn into 4 or more ozs... like I said, I cant seem to rest when the packet is open.. because all I can hear coming from the draw is the words... eat me... eat ME...EAT ME.... its like they put a spell on me..lol

Maybe try some pecan nuts, they have per 100 grams 4 grams of net carbohydrates and 9 grams of protein whereas the values for cashews are 26.7 grams of net carbohydrates and 18 grams of protein. I realise that their taste maybe be less seductive, but this maybe an advantage.

Reactions: 9 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Doubt it ..... they're spikes and April's a long way off .... get those general figs under control in the next few weeks and you'll be fine.

Don't confuse with what you believe (and could well be) liver dumps with your overall numbers
Morning Mike,
Sorry, but are you saying liver dump will not affect, my blood test with the nurse ?
Just back from walk / stroll with dog, now 6.6. Breakfast was porrige made with water, a few blueberries, and a spoon of yogurt.

Reactions: 6 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the suggestion Pasha - unfortunately I don't like pecans although there are plenty of other nuts I do like which are lower carb. But as I eat the nuts as a treat at the weekend, I want them to be something I like rather than something I should eat. Eventually I will either learn willpower or cut them out completely...:):)

Reactions: 8 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Back from Drs , no doctor to do bloods, stuck in traffic.

Trying again in Wednesday 08:00 third time lucky I hope.
Oh not again I know it drives me mad when you need a blood test and can't get any blood out. Lets hope Wednesday will be better and not too many bruises

Reactions: 5 people

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
Yes!!!! Finally, I am getting fasting readings very similar to my bedtime ones! Thank you Cool Ethyl for the tip about having a small snack just before bedtime, and to someone else (I can't remember who - sorry!) for the tip about having a snack on waking! I had 3 walnut halves last night and this morning.

Bedtime reading = 7.7
7am = 7.3
10am (2 hours after breakfast of chicken thigh, salad and Philadelphia) = 7.2

Happy bunny!!

Reactions: 13 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
I have the same problem with salted peanuts, any way, if not eaten within a short period they would go off.:p

Reactions: 10 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
5.8, well it is Monday.

But on the up side a big fat zero rise at dinner - avocado vinaigrette, baked trout and salad, berries and cream - from 5.4 to 5.4.

Reactions: 15 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning Mike,
Sorry, but are you saying liver dump will not affect, my blood test with the nurse ?
Just back from walk / stroll with dog, now 6.6. Breakfast was porrige made with water, a few blueberries, and a spoon of yogurt.

Millie, the HbA1c blood test you will have in April (and on all subsequent reviews) is a sort of average of your BS levels over the previous 2 to 3 months, with more emphasis on the last few weeks of that 2 to 3 month period. So any levels you see in that 2 to 3 month period are likely to be included in this average, particularly ones that occur nearer the end of it.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Morning Mike,

HI MS :)

Yep, I am ...... but that is predicated that the liver dumps aren't constant. If they are, diet (or something else) needs a review. I reckon I've had four or five over 9 months. Your April HB1AC bloods will work on an average BS over the preceding 3 months leaning heavily to the last month (March) numbers.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong :)

Mike :)

Reactions: 7 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
HI MS :)

Yep, I am ...... but that is predicated that the liver dumps aren't constant. If they are, diet (or something else) needs a review. I reckon I've had four or five over 9 months. Your April HB1AC bloods will work on an average BS over the preceding 3 months leaning heavily to the last month (March) numbers.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong :)

Mike :)
Cheers Mike,
I am new to testing, but so far when I have tested at bedtime and then first thing in the morning. The morning figure is alway higher.

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the suggestion Pasha - unfortunately I don't like pecans although there are plenty of other nuts I do like which are lower carb. But as I eat the nuts as a treat at the weekend, I want them to be something I like rather than something I should eat. Eventually I will either learn willpower or cut them out completely...:):)
I love salted peanut.
Willpower, no sorry can't find that word in my dictionary, must look harded.

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
Cheers Mike,
I am new to testing, but so far when I have tested at bedtime and then first thing in the morning. The morning figure is alway higher.

Millysue, you are asking the exact questions I wanted to ask, as I have the same problem and am also newish to testing - well, up until two days ago. My sleeping/waking figures since Saturday night and this morning are now very similar, and it's due to the tips the Forum members have been giving you, which I've picked up and actioned!

Now I need to get my numbers down from low 7s to low sixes and downwards from there! Bearing in mind 4 weeks ago they were double figures, I am well chuffed, so thank you for asking the questions and thank you to those Forum members who responded.

Reactions: 12 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Yep,

You cannot always (some say never) control your morning readings given the gap between evening / morning meals, what you ate at dinner, rest, any stress and glucose / system getting you prepared for the new day.

Fact of life. I can to a huge degree with exercise post dinner and they're always close to my morning figs :)

Mike

Reactions: 9 people
Status
Not open for further replies.