Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
81 mg/dl or 4.5 mmoles/l 3 days running now, but its exactly the same foods taken at the same time each time.

Reactions: 15 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
4.9 at this ungodly hour of the day, oh the joys of International road transportation, our vehicles are running 24/7 which means sometimes I have to do the same.

At least it's POETS day, have a good one.

Reactions: 18 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nothing to report for yesterday or today....my Codefree that was acting very strange even though I tried two new batteries finally died on me Wednesday evening! New one on the way but couldn't have it delivered before Saturday as nobody would be home for the postie! Another day at the office then an actual weekend off:)

Reactions: 17 people

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 this morning

Interesting test last night, I had risotto for the first time since diagnosis, home made pea and ham with a reasonable portion (77g carbs) then testing pre/1 hr/2 hr/3 hr/4 hr. My (non diabetic) wife also tested after a smaller portion of the same (51 g carbs). My results were 4.3/7.3/3.6/5.1/4.5 and my wife's were 5.3/9.1/7.7/7.3/6.1.
I retested the 3.6 to confirm and it was the same, so a bit of reactive hypoglaecemia there I think

In conclusion I think that I can have this occasionally - but that my wife shouldn't!

Maxwell

Reactions: 21 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.9 this morning. A little concerned about my left knee slight sting from jogging.

:)

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 this morning

Interesting test last night, I had risotto for the first time since diagnosis, home made pea and ham with a reasonable portion (77g carbs) then testing pre/1 hr/2 hr/3 hr/4 hr. My (non diabetic) wife also tested after a smaller portion of the same (51 g carbs). My results were 4.3/7.3/3.6/5.1/4.5 and my wife's were 5.3/9.1/7.7/7.3/6.1.
I retested the 3.6 to confirm and it was the same, so a bit of reactive hypoglaecemia there I think

In conclusion I think that I can have this occasionally - but that my wife shouldn't!

Maxwell

Those figures look very good for both of you don't they? Is sub-4 for a non-diabetic a problem?

Reactions: 2 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning - reversing the untoward trend thankfully. Still no breakthrough. Plodding on - Day 15 of my resumed diet (starting my 8th week overall)

Reactions: 16 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning, after 8.3 last night, went out for dinner and picked the wrong thing, something new.... won't be doing that again in a hurry...

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
6.3 this morning after a bedtime reading of 5.8.

Reactions: 17 people
Status
Not open for further replies.