Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
5.6 at 3.30am.. Sitting on the plane at LHR going back to my Bahraini home and my animals, so my numbers will be mad for a few days I expect... The 'diabetic' meal they offer would kill me!! Having smoked salmon, goats cheese and broccoli (without the pastry) and the cheeseboard... A glass of red wine should help... Purely medicinal of course... :) My doc called last night to tell me my average was 'fabulous' but my cholesterol has gone up! He's so confused poor chap!! Fingers crossed it goes down soon or I'll be in trouble... Am I eating too much cheese? Have a lovely day all, and those amongst us who are poorly, better soonest...

Reactions: 20 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Reactions: 4 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
6.4 this morning after a bedtime reading of 5.6.

Reactions: 16 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 after dinner
5.7 fasting
Still not well, feeling weird in my body with all the fever and cough and cold.
Hopefully it will clear by the weekend.

Reactions: 12 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
6.2 this morning :( after working all day yesterday and having a largish portion of chilli con carne, so it's not a real shock. Still I'm not doing any more work this holiday (holiday!) and we'll see what the next couple of days bring. Blood tests on Monday though, not really wanting to do that on a high streak even if a few higher readings will have minimal effect.

Reactions: 14 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6 this morning on strip from batch 44 so may have been lower. Don't know how as I was awake at 2am covered in hives and burning. Going to have to start taking my antihistamine in the evening as exercise and warmth seem to make it worse.

Reactions: 13 people

JTL

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
4.6 I'm frankly amazed.
Not what I was expecting.
Full of chest infection up all night bed at something like 5.30 am I'm guessing cos can't remember full of antibiotics so pleasant surprise.

Reactions: 17 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.6 at 3.30am.. Sitting on the plane at LHR going back to my Bahraini home and my animals, so my numbers will be mad for a few days I expect... The 'diabetic' meal they offer would kill me!! Having smoked salmon, goats cheese and broccoli (without the pastry) and the cheeseboard... A glass of red wine should help... Purely medicinal of course... :) My doc called last night to tell me my average was 'fabulous' but my cholesterol has gone up! He's so confused poor chap!! Fingers crossed it goes down soon or I'll be in trouble... Am I eating too much cheese? Have a lovely day all, and those amongst us who are poorly, better soonest...
Have a safe trip, my wife & I will be neighbours, sort of, beginning of May, we are in Dubai for our 24th wedding anniversary.

Any tips appreciated.

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.