Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Reactions: 8 people

Welshgooner

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tottenham and High BS scores
And please, could someone explain 'saga louts' to a Canadian?
Moniker ,see above it was intended for you. I also didnt have a clue what it meant.

Brits abroad famous for creating havoc (louts) fuelled by drink (lager) = Lager louts

"Saga" a company that provide services (insurance/hols etc) to people above a certain age

So therefore a Saga Lout is a person above a certain age that causes havoc fuelled by tea not lager

Close as can get for a Canadian :)

Reactions: 11 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Sorry WeeFergus, I seem to have deleted your message to PatsyB while trying to delete mine - I put it in the wrong place.... :sorry:

Don't worry about it Susikav. I was only wishing PatsyB a good day - despite the long fast and the scan.

Reactions: 4 people

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the reminder. Just rung the GP and got an appointment for Monday for the test. I was surprised they didn't say no as they usually have a 6 month policy but the lady on the phone didn't seem to know much as I had to explain what a HbA1c is.

3 month average is 4.6. Add 10% for the contour meter so that's 5.1. Add another 10% (me being optimist) for during the day variance so I would predict a HbA1c of around 5.6 (38)

Got it wrong by 1!!!! Just rung the surgery and been told the HbA1c result is 39. Cholesterol is at 3.1. Surprisingly the GP doesn't feel the need to see me to review my medication.

Reactions: 27 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Had the scan was not as bad as I thought so all good there and thanx for the good lucks <3

Reactions: 16 people
S

Sable_Jan

6.1 at bedtime and 5.3 this morning.

And please, could someone explain 'saga louts' to a Canadian?
Saga used to do over 50s holidays but in recent years have also done insurances car, travel, home etc.... ;)

S

Sable_Jan

Got it wrong by 1!!!! Just rung the surgery and been told the HbA1c result is 39. Cholesterol is at 3.1. Surprisingly the GP doesn't feel the need to see me to review my medication.
We'll done, that's in the 'normal' range....

Reactions: 11 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Hola weefergus

It wasn't that long ago that my fasting reading were relatively high and quite unpredictable so decided to attack them with my meter. So through trial and error I've been fortunate to get then into a range I'm comfortable with....and I'm sure you will too.

Best of luck on the big old bloods next month I have mine too.

Thanks, Baruney. I've been really good at eating to my meter and now have mainly 5's or low 6's during the day but no matter what I go to bed with, it is always higher first thing in the morning. Of course, I realise that 6's will more than likely please my DN but the higher readings will be adding to my averages and I don't seem to have any control over them (other than having my liver removed!). Maybe I'm making too much of a fuss but my averages over the last 14 days show that my fasting readings are .5 higher than my bedtime readings.

Reactions: 10 people
M

mojo37

6.3 again today... 5.5 the night before.... I have no idea what's causing it... I am going to fast for three days starting tomorrow and see what occurs... I woke sweating in the night, which is unlike me - does anyone know what it might be? ... menopause well past... :)
Wish mine was the menopause and diabetes is not a great couple :arghh:

Reactions: 4 people

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We'll done, that's in the 'normal' range....

Thanks but trying to not see it in that way. It's only been 3 months and though it's fantastic result, in a short period of time, I am still 4kg off my ideal weight and 9 kg off where I want to be.

My biggest challenge to is to maintain or improve on this result for the rest of the year and not let it slip.

Might sound cheesy but really do mean it when I say I couldn't have done it without this forum for all the help and support it offers.

Reactions: 22 people
Status
Not open for further replies.