Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyburi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have just bought a test meter in the last few days, spent a few hours reading the notes and testing it with the control solution, everything in range by the readings. This morning I went for my daily dog walk 3kms , entirely forgot to do my first test BFG, and had a small breakfast of 60g rolled oats, spoonful of apple sauce (no sugar added, make my own) plus whole fat milk warmed up. Waited a good hour and then did my first test, reading said 219 mg/dl. I live in Thailand and that is the measurement they use here.
Last November the docs here said I had type 2 diabetes, I weighed in at 101 kgs, now mid April and I am 85 kgs, still a bit of weight loss to go, but have binned all the bad foods and eating sensibly. Looks like I may have to say good bye to my oats?, pity as I only eat them about three times a week and always after a bit of exercise.
The only medication I am on is one 500mg metformin tablet daily. Should I really be worried by that very first reading?, do a number of tests before going to see the Docs again. Appreciate all advice.

Billy

Reactions: 4 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
79 mg/dl or 4.39 mmoles/l . Ate out yesterday and no exercise, very degenerate I know.

Reactions: 19 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
No, it is not a great reading .... it's over 12 mmol/L. You'd want to slash that by 30% at least. Oats and apple sauce could be the culprits

Reactions: 10 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
7.8 this morning up too early:rolleyes:. Going to kings for lung function test whezzy already cause no anti histamine or asthma meds until after tests

Reactions: 18 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Early start here too, restless night head full of a lot....yesterday was a day out shopping with my daughter after a hectic two weeks at work but slightly over - shadowed by phone calls about my mum from the care home which continued Into late evening. I may be a little quiet here next few days so bear with me...
Yesterday fasting 5.9
Bedtime 6.2
Fasting today 6

Reactions: 24 people

pmtbrew

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 today, to have a good fasting sugar (below 4.9) I need to go to bed in the high 4's low 5's

Reactions: 15 people

pmtbrew

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
HbA1c result 35 which is nearly normal. Couldn't be happier today.

Congratulations, but I thought 35 is 'normal'. My personal target (my nurse shouts at me and tells me this is too low) is between 28 and 36 so you are doing very well.

Paul

Reactions: 12 people
Status
Not open for further replies.