Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cazza54

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Turnips and Tuna fish!
Mine was 10.3 taken in bed this morning, rising on getting up and before breakfast to 10.7. :( Still hoping to see normal numbers at some point in my future.

Regards,

Carol

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.4 this morning, whether that is due to a general drop or the fact I was munching bits of cheese while getting the lunches ready before testing.

Ruth, have you tried testing as soon as you get up rather than waiting? You may find a difference.

SJC

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diets!
If I have supper...usually same foods, my FBG is between 4.8-5.3 in the mornings, If I don't have supper then it's between 4.1-4.4.

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can test straight off on a weekend and I do, (well I did last weekend and I've only been testing for a week) but on week days I have to be in and out of the bathroom quickly so my OH can use it while I get lunch and breakfast ready. A few extra minutes in the bathroom seems to throw our whole schedule to pot. At the moment I am more worried about general trends than absolutes so its not a problem as long as I keep comparing like with like.

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:) I am a manic tester. I test during the night, as soon as I wake and through the day. - it gives me great graphs, hardened fingers and costs a fortune - at least my gp gives me 100 strips a month, but I have to buy loads more.

When I wake the bg is on the way up from about 2-3am in the morning, sometimes even earlier. I don't do breakfast. I did try eating some nuts when I woke to see if it delayed my rising level any more - it didn't.

I am unable to get a constant fasting level at the moment - my bg is always on the way up or down. Crazy. But one day it will settle.
Thanks - I hadn't recalled your testing regime.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can test straight off on a weekend and I do, (well I did last weekend and I've only been testing for a week) but on week days I have to be in and out of the bathroom quickly so my OH can use it while I get lunch and breakfast ready. A few extra minutes in the bathroom seems to throw our whole schedule to pot. At the moment I am more worried about general trends than absolutes so its not a problem as long as I keep comparing like with like.
You could happily test in the kitchen, bedroom or elsewhere.

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.0 for me today. All very much in my range.

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Kitchen possibly, I am kind of new to this and hadn't really thought about it, the bathroom was just the obvious place.

I do tend to be fairly manic about washing my hands before and after testing so other rooms aren't really options, although I have some of the finger wipes now so I might be able to train myself to use those instead when needs must.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
4.6 yesterday and 4.8 this morning

Reactions: 4 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 yesterday and 4.8 this morning
Blimey - your hands and feet must be protesting like mad, or is that easing off, with the (apparent ?) frequency of these lower scores?

Are you still on a modified upwards carb reduced, not too much fat diet?

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Blimey - your hands and feet must be protesting like mad, or is that easing off, with the (apparent ?) frequency of these lower scores?

Are you still on a modified upwards carb reduced, not too much fat diet?

yes cold hands and feet. They are like that all day except for the couple of hours straight after lunch and dinner. My Diet has stayed the same for the last couple of weeks although maybe a little more rice when I have it. I haven't increased my fat but nor have I reduced it.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
yes cold hands and feet. They are like that all day except for the couple of hours straight after lunch and dinner. My Diet has stayed the same for the last couple of weeks although maybe a little more rice when I have it. I haven't increased my fat but nor have I reduced it.
Oh yes. Fingerless gloves are the way forward: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-MENS-...7679348?pt=UK_Gloves&var=&hash=item20c5372674

Or maybe something a little more casual for the weekends: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-Lea...25?pt=UK_Cycling_Clothing&hash=item339012b58d

On a more serious note, your averages must be coming down a bit too?

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Possibly but For the last fortnight I only test 3 times a day just to keep an eye out - when I get up, just before my main meal and 2 hours after main meal. I am confident in my numbers based on the pain in my toes (shouldn't jest really)

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
4.4 this morning. Had some yoghurt and flaxseed, went swimming. 5.2. Had my breakfast, one hour later, 5.4.

Why oh why can't every day be like this?

Reactions: 6 people

gfmoore

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.7 at 8:17, but this is a lower spike than for many days previously and more impotantly hasnt kept on going up, but came down to about 6.1 an hour ago, incl after a meat lunch and blueberries, cream and walnut pud.

this is great. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Shhh I dont want to admit it, but could it be because of a one mile walk yesterday,

or even the fact that a dead, hurting tooth was prepped for root canal work.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Possibly but For the last fortnight I only test 3 times a day just to keep an eye out - when I get up, just before my main meal and 2 hours after main meal. I am confident in my numbers based on the pain in my toes (shouldn't jest really)

The guy at homehealth-UK will be on reduced rations, with your reduced testing @Andrew Colvin. (I have been on a similar regime for some time now.)

paulins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Feeling I can never eat anything sweet again or anything with carbs. But thought of diabetes complications scares me more so it is a no brainer!
4.7 for me today!

Reactions: 7 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Happy with that!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.