Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 today. Ate very protein heavy meal last night later than usual.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 for me this morning.

Very surprised as I was unwell yesterday evening with a tummy bug of some sort that gave me diarrohea and made me faint after a sudden drop in BP. :dead: I was mid 8's when I went to bed due to this and expected to be the same this morning. Still not 100%.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Sorry to hear that Bluetit, get well soon.

5.8 for me today and similar yesterday. I'm deliberately cutting down on breakfast and lunch portions a bit which may be a factor after 3 successive days of eggs and a slice of toast for breakfast. Then again it could be the apple cider vinegar. Or more exercise. Or the hot weather (drinking more water). Or something else. So many variables!

Reactions: 6 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.1 for me today.

Yesterday evening, had an odd 5.0 after a "trusted" meal. I know 5.0 is still excellent, but these days I rarely deviate from my flat-lining 3.5 - 4.5, before or after. Getting into bed I convinced myself I didn't feel too great, but to be honest, I think that was twaddle.

's all a game. o_O

Bev18

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.3 today and stayed in the 8's all day, but just had some minstrels while watching footy, bloody lovely they were, but still only had 80g carbs all day including the chocolate.

Am still having sweats in places where I've never sweated before though must be my equivalent of a hypo.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8!!

Dodgy reading and I'm blaming my 4 year old for summoning me to do blanket duty at 5am!

Or it could have been all the pistachio nuts I are at 10pm last nigh...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

FantomPoet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.9 this morning but now off to the eye hospital this morning as although I have managed to keep my BS down I am getting complications from before I was diagnosed. So eastcoastphil keep going with the low sugar and low carbs.

FantomPoet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
20g carbs a day is very tight. How do you do that consistently? Just as a matter of interest.

Hi AndBreath

I keep away from carby things such as potatoes, pasta, rice, wheat and tend to eat meat or fish (a lot of fish) and leafy vegetables. There is almost no day which I do not have broccoli at some point and a can of tuna (not together). I snack on boiled (or pickeld) eggs, cheese, ham. There are only two processed foods I eat that being Sainsburys Chicken Jalfrezi (13.2g) and their Broccoli and Stilton Soup (11.4g for the whole 600ml) I will adjust the rest of the day if I have one of these although I have maybe one of these once a week. There are days where I slip and end up with 50g of carbs usually this is because a giant gust of wing has blown me into a Costa Coffee.

I have not bothered with the almond flour route as I can happily live without cakes and such like. I am not a LCHF flag waver I just used the atkins type diet when diagnosed as i was 23 stone (146Kg) and then dropped down to just over 15 stone (96kg) this was also with a lot of walking and then cycling once I was able. So I kinda just kept going but raised the calories up to maintain the new weight.

I have just edited with a typical days grub

Food Weight Calories Carbs Sugars Protein Fat Sat
2 Slices Ham 35 42 0.4 0.1 7.6 1.2 0.4
Mayonnaise 15 108 0.2 0.1 0.2 11.9 1
Cheddar Cheese 40 166 0.1 0.1 10.2 14 8.7

Baby Leaf Salad 42 9 0.7 0.7 0.6 0.2 0
Cucumber 80 9 1.2 1.1 0.6 0 0
Tomatoes 60 12 1.9 1.9 0.4 0.2 0
Tzatziki 50 60 2.7 2.6 2.3 4.3 2.2
1 Boiled Egg 65 92 0.1 0 8.4 7 1.1
2 Slices Ham 35 42 0.4 0.1 7.6 1.2 0.4

Cheddar Cheese Light 50 144 0.2 0.2 14.2 10.8 7.4
Broccoli Soup 300 120 5.7 3.9 6.6 7.2 4.8
Broccoli Soup 300 120 5.7 3.9 6.6 7.2 4.8
Cheddar Cheese Light 50 144 0.2 0.2 14.2 10.8 7.4
DAY TOTAL 12/06/2014 1122.0 1068.0 19.5 14.9 79.5 76.0 38.2

The sugar is the 'of which sugars' in the carbs

Last edited by a moderator:

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Went to the loo at 5:30 and level was 5.2.
Woke again at 10 (exhausted last night) and level was 5.3.

5.1 when I went to bed at midnight.

Reactions: 2 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 for me this morning and 5.8 two hours later before I got round to getting breakfast.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3.9 for me this morning. Very much in my personal range.

gfmoore

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The last two days seem to have been a sea change for me. My bg seems to have lowered a little. yesterday my peak was 6.9, but it wasn't so much a peak as just a level from a peak the night before. This morning the peak, if it can be called that was the same. We've just been for a mile walk and my level has plummeted to 4.6. Interesting stuff. Let's hope it will continue to stabilise and even come down a bit.

I have to reluctantly admit that the one mile walk I have taken three times this week definitely has a major effect.

Rory lad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
3.7 this morning. Gordon, I'm a walker, a good couple of miles, or three, each day with the dogs and I'm convinced it has very beneficial effects on both BGLs and weight loss.

Reactions: 4 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Shocking.

It's definitely the children and not the nuts. They are driving me and my BG nuts!

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 when I went to bed at 1am

5.2 on waking at 06:50

Since then I've been pottering around on the net.

Just tested again and bg is 5.4

Hmm I think pottering is a much nicer word than browsing.

Now for breakfast...

Status
Not open for further replies.