Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sallybear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.1 this morning, but I had a Chinese and a bottle of wine so I kind of expected a difference. Naughty me I know.

Reactions: 3 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been able to have either weetabixs or cornflakes without any problems to BG levels.

At dinner time last night 6pm it was 5.1 two hours later at 8pm it was 5.5 Then at 11pm gone up to 6.1

This morning was 5.3 have not tested it since today as have been out and about.

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with those numbers. They are all very good. You must be getting things right.
Meters are only required to be accurate to within plus or minus 15%, so your levels could be up to 15% higher or lower than your actual reading. I wouldn't worry about the jump from 5.5 to 6.1 during the evening. Either or both could be meter foibles. All we are doing is looking at trends, so no need to worry. You are doing extremely well.

Rosie1953

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with those numbers. They are all very good. You must be getting things right.
Meters are only required to be accurate to within plus or minus 15%, so your levels could be up to 15% higher or lower than your actual reading. I wouldn't worry about the jump from 5.5 to 6.1 during the evening. Either or both could be meter foibles. All we are doing is looking at trends, so no need to worry. You are doing extremely well.

Thank you. I'm getting more knowledgeable about the low carbs so I have tried upping my intake of food within the low carbs. Will carry on experimenting with different foods. So glad I was able to change from those horrible low fat yogurts brought Greek style creamy ones in place. Had one this afternoon and it was yummy. Will donate the low fat ones to my two little Grandsons.

Reactions: 4 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well.....I'm back and it all went well, very well!! I guess I had better start a new thread rather than go off topic on here? ;)

Reactions: 4 people

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Thank you. I'm getting more knowledgeable about the low carbs so I have tried upping my intake of food within the low carbs. Will carry on experimenting with different foods. So glad I was able to change from those horrible low fat yogurts brought Greek style creamy ones in place. Had one this afternoon and it was yummy. Will donate the low fat ones to my two little Grandsons.

It's the fatty one I don't like, a decent home made from skimmed or soya for me any day.
Mind you even they're off at the moment!

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other

It's the fatty one I don't like, a decent home made from skimmed or soya for me any day.
Mind you even they're off at the moment!

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I need to order some fresh codefree strips can anyone please give the discount code.

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks a lot Andbreathe I will keep this too
Do I order from there website or amazon will take this code too?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks a lot Andbreathe I will keep this too
Do I order from there website or amazon will take this code too?

I have no idea. I always order directly. I reckon they achieve best profit margin that way, without the fees to Amazon or eBay.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6,6 and it's my own fault after not failing to resist the seductive charms of some less than innocent food at a Middle Eastern restaurant we went to last night to celebrate a friend's fifty second birthday.

I reckon it was the lentil soup and the spicy potatoes that did me.

The belly dancer was not too bad either, but she had nothing on those spicy potatoes! :). Why did they have to place the plate we were sharing directly in front of me and why couldn't I say no?

At least I did not have any birthday cake or desert, so not a complete disaster.

I actually though I got away with it as well after going to bed at 5,4 afterwards.

I will have to walk some extra kilometers as penance this morning, to burn some of the sugar away.

Pavlos

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A very good morning to all. Today 4.9 went to bed last night on 4.7, had a cup of pg with double cream before bed. Not a good idea had trouble falling asleep.

Reactions: 7 people
Status
Not open for further replies.