Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had bought some shirts, online, over 6 months ago and had got the sizes wrong, so they didn't fit. I had put them in the wardrobe in the hope that maybe, sometime in the future, they might fit. While getting ready this morning I thought I'd be brave and take one out and see how it fitted. Fitted perfectly, which was pleasing. Little milestones that make the whole thing worthwhile.

Reactions: 10 people

pamK

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last night going to bed 5.0 nothing to eat after 6.30pm
This morning fasting straight from bed 6.6 So pleased better than it has been (7.7 or 8.1)
Bluetit1802 than ks for the advice :)

Reactions: 13 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last night going to bed 5.0 nothing to eat after 6.30pm
This morning fasting straight from bed 6.6 So pleased better than it has been (7.7 or 8.1)
Bluetit1802 than ks for the advice :)

Well done Pam. Those are good results, especially the 5.0 at bedtime. Your fasting one is good too, and will come down in time. :)

Reactions: 8 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
5,6 am but have been a bit naughtier of late...am i slipping...drum roll....5 before lunch.

Reactions: 11 people

Samm38

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People spitting. People thinking there better than me.
Mine this morning was 11.3.

Reactions: 7 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Had bought some shirts, online, over 6 months ago and had got the sizes wrong, so they didn't fit. I had put them in the wardrobe in the hope that maybe, sometime in the future, they might fit. While getting ready this morning I thought I'd be brave and take one out and see how it fitted. Fitted perfectly, which was pleasing. Little milestones that make the whole thing worthwhile.
Hope it's still in vogue ::))

Reactions: 7 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I really dont know whats not right its my first winter being diabetic and I am thinking is it something to do with the cold or may be kits kept outside.
My first winter diabetic too....I have learnt to keep my kit under the covers during the night though ; )

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It's probably the first winter for all of us, so we are all a bit in the dark about what cold can do.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I use a Caresens meter, they advise as follows.

How long do CareSens meters take to warm up to the operating temperature range ?
It is not uncommon for people with diabetes to have to warm-up their blood glucose meter before use, especially in winter or if they live in a colder region. When the meter needs warming up the best option is to place it close to one’s skin. If this isn’t possible moving to a warmer area is another option as long as it’s within the operating range (5-50oC). Then repeat the test once the meter and test strips have reached a temperature within the operating range.

It is important to remember that New Zealand has a relatively moderate climate in comparison to other countries, where it is common for temperatures to fall well below 0°C. The CareSens meters are used successfully throughout these countries that have more extreme climates.

Reactions: 5 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My kit is always in the bathroom and its as cold as outside as I leave the window open, cant we get summers a bit sooner.
I'd be honest, I always hated summers, never liked them, but this year I cant wait them to begin, having said that I am sure the moment temperature goes above 25 I will start looking for winters again.
Was in italy in late august early september and it was 30+ and hated every day I was there for.

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yaay! :D I know how you feel.
I just got a whole new wardrobe :) mostly bought a couple years ago. Before I ended up unable to walk and put weight on whilst waiting for my wheelchair.
To think, I nearly gave them all to the charity shop. Couldn't understand how or why I put weight on, until I was diagnosed with 'D' and researched it all.
Enjoy! ;)

I have a bunch of clothes that my wife has been waiting to throw away/give to charity for years but I do believe that I will be able to get back in them one day.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My kit is always in the bathroom and its as cold as outside as I leave the window open, cant we get summers a bit sooner.
I'd be honest, I always hated summers, never liked them, but this year I cant wait them to begin, having said that I am sure the moment temperature goes above 25 I will start looking for winters again.
Was in italy in late august early september and it was 30+ and hated every day I was there for.

The bathroom is the worst place. There is too much humidity. Try keeping it in the bedroom or elsewhere. Strips are vulnerable to humidity, which is why we have to keep them in the tubs they arrive in as they have some sort f protection.

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The bathroom is the worst place. There is too much humidity. Try keeping it in the bedroom or elsewhere. Strips are vulnerable to humidity, which is why we have to keep them in the tubs they arrive in as they have some sort f protection.
As always you could be right
but i do keep them in the tub to be nice to myself :)
I have a meter its always around 7 or 8 degrees and humidity could shoot upto 99 percent especially after shower
You learn as you go but my prob is I have too much humidity around the house about 80% everywhere even with humidifier working overtime
but i will keep it in the room and see if that makes any difference.
I am hoping to have the new tubs at home when I reach today.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As always you could be right
but i do keep them in the tub to be nice to myself :)
I have a meter its always around 7 or 8 degrees and humidity could shoot upto 99 percent especially after shower
You learn as you go but my prob is I have too much humidity around the house about 80% everywhere even with humidifier working overtime
but i will keep it in the room and see if that makes any difference.
I am hoping to have the new tubs at home when I reach today.

Keep it in a drawer in a bedroom.

Reactions: 2 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm wearing my first pair of unelasticated jeans that I bought a few weeks ago - they are one size smaller than usual and already beginning to feel loose - the joys of LCHF!!!!

Reactions: 8 people
Status
Not open for further replies.