Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mojo37

My apologies to members who feel I have derailed the subject thread recently. I appreciate not everyone likes the cartoons & jokey pictures I sometimes add to my posts. No offence was meant at all and I have deleted or edited all of my posts.
BG fluctuating this morning. Can't think why. Currently heading upwards despite reasonable numbers after breakfast & mid-morning snacks. Guess I'll increase the fluids & hope that helps.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone. X
I'm all for a bit of derailment ;)

Reactions: 17 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Morning all 7.5 !!!! Can't remember the last time my fbg was that high

Reactions: 22 people

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
Update:

Just a coffee and a very brisk couple of mile walk with the dog.

Now 8.2!

Maybe doing the gardening I've been putting off will sort it.

Reactions: 18 people

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Morning all, late reporting in this morning. Had a wonderful nights sleep in my caravan, we're at Tewkesbury this weekend for the Medievial festival and battle re-enactment.
4•8

Reactions: 25 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I had a fasting BG reading of 6.7 after a 5.1 bedtime reading last night.

Reactions: 19 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was very glad to finish with ND, because, although it worked for me, and I was able to do a fair amount of exercise, I never felt optimally well on it.
And in the 3 weeks following ND, I used only 1packet of Optifast divided into 3 for the day, and added fish, cheese and egg and more leafy vegetables to the same 800calorie value,and felt much better.
Now I believe that the Optifast method, while simple to follow, and supposedly balanced for nutritional purposes, may not be as good.for the metabolism as real food, And the percentages, particularly of carbohydrates would be quite different.
Now, I am using LCHF principles and keep the portion sizes within reason, somewhere between 1200 - 1500 calories.

This FF I decided on, only because I will not be able to do my usual activities for some weeks because of an injury, and I fear weight gain as a result.

Since I have been fat fasting, I have been surprised by how little hunger I feel, particularly in the afternoons. So probably, for the next 2 days, I should try for more oil and fat in the forenoon?

Sorry to be so prolix, you are right, it is interesting how individual tolerances vary,
Hola

Agreed on the hunger front. I'd have thought that and how to get the fats up with so few cals would be most people's concern. Hunger not an issue. Still struggling to get the ratios right. Next time a bit more planning is in order. Have you looked at fat bombs - I think that may be the answer next time....and there will be a next time. Very happy with results so far.

Reactions: 9 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just scared myself with a fasting BG of 9 ! ...I have been doing quite well several in the low 6's and no readings above 7.7 during the day ....lack of sleep may be a factor but I rather think it was them dam pancakes my daughter made late last night and I succumbed to temptation and had 2 with sugar and lemon :rolleyes:. On a happier not I just passed my 5th module on my OU history degree course I'll have to celebrate with low carbs ...maybe a nice steak ;).
Congratulations on the history course. Any particular period and how many more modules to go.

Commiserations on the 9 - overdid it on the lemons perhaps?

Reactions: 12 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A surprising low of 4.2 this morning with headache and hungry. Had scrambled egg with a slice of burgen toast. Off to work for me.
Thank you for all my lovely birthday wishes yesterday I had a great day including the cheeky GB girls playing tricks:rolleyes::D
Hola Lou

Somehow I thought it was today not yeasterday! So from the other thread, rather than happy bd can you read as belated bd?

Have a nice day any road.

Reactions: 8 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A good for me late morning reading of 5.6, after 5.0 at bedtime last night. Methinks the 10 minutes of kettlebell HIIT really worked!

M

mojo37

Congratulations on the history course. Any particular period and how many more modules to go.

Commiserations on the 9 - overdid it on the lemons perhaps?
Yep those dam lemons suck lol ...history period covers 1400- 1900 loosely, last module starts in oct and that's more arts and humanities 'myths in Greek and Roman worlds 'should be some light relief after studying Empires slavery and wars :rolleyes:

Reactions: 13 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning all

5.7 for me this morning

Better mow the lawns anyhow, then get car tested, then off to work....

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning troops

Remembered I had a spare nexus mini in my first aid bag for running....and there was £20 wrapped around it to - bonus!

5.6 fasting. Blood ketones 1.1. Egg static. So yesterday's bloods def rouge. .4 jump in ketones. Gunning for 1.5.

Last day of off the cuff ff. will def do again but with a bit more thought to it. Not going to be the perfect exit tomorrow as have to go to a do which means having a glass, or two, of wine.

Sun is shining in saga central. All the best to you and yours.

Reactions: 21 people

Merrylizard1314

This morning Friday 10th 3.5mmol/L Ketones 2.5. Rain bucketing down.
Mackintosh and one hiking boot (waterproof ) and one black plastic bag with gaffer tape.
7km there and back to feed and talk to cats( actually recited The Lady of Shallot,, to them - seemed appropriate, given the weather).
These cats are very playful, and will retrieve silver chain necklaces and waste a lot of time!

Be well everyone

Reactions: 21 people
Status
Not open for further replies.