Reactive Hypoglycemia Type 3

karen diana

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Last year I had a partial distal pacreatectomy, and splenectomy due to neroendocrine tumour of the pancreas, recovery has been very slow. I have been told I’m now a type 3 diabetic. When I tell people most say there’s no such thing. Did I here them wrong at the hospital. I was poorly for a while and may have miss heard .

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last year I had a partial distal pacreatectomy, and splenectomy due to neroendocrine tumour of the pancreas, recovery has been very slow. I have been told I’m now a type 3 diabetic. When I tell people most say there’s no such thing. Did I here them wrong at the hospital. I was poorly for a while and may have miss heard .
I had a distal pancretectomy in 2012 but kept my spleen but was put on Creon pills with food due to insufficient enzymes. I was diagnosed Type 2 in Dec 17 but I have been asking for a test to check if I am T3c like you. What determined your diabetes type do you know? Have you been put on any meds?

karen diana

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a distal pancretectomy in 2012 but kept my spleen but was put on Creon pills with food due to insufficient enzymes. I was diagnosed Type 2 in Dec 17 but I have been asking for a test to check if I am T3c like you. What determined your diabetes type do you know? Have you been put on any meds?

Yes mixed insulin and metfomin, I also take creons, and multi vitamins as well as numerous other drugs.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was only given Creon afterwards but I chose to take a good B vitamin complex since my Diabetes diagnosis to help with tiredness etc. I was pretty good after 3 months
i didnt know that Bluetit. I think Karen and I would benefit. Thanks. I am addressing mine as T2 for time being but not agreeing to meds until they give me proper diagnosis. What do you think?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @karen diana ,

Welcome to the forum..!

This whole scene can be hard to take in at first. :)
Just take it in steady easy to handle pieces.. (& tell anyone who says "no such thing." To look it up!)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Scrap my last post..I did post on the 3c forum but didnt realise where I was lol. I am not very competent with navigating my way round.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am sorry you have had a slow recovery but hopefully you are better now. I am assuming the diet rules for T3c are the same as T2 but clearly the meds are not the same. There is so much help and support on the forum its invaluable.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am sorry you have had a slow recovery but hopefully you are better now. I am assuming the diet rules for T3c are the same as T2 but clearly the meds are not the same. There is so much help and support on the forum its invaluable.

Well? Caution must be taken regarding prescribed insulin dosage & lowering the carb intake. (Changing diet drastically.)
This could cause issue with hypoglycaemia..

What/which type of insulin are you prescribed @karen diana ?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Humilin M 3 plus 500mg metformin

Thanks. Well, the metformin will help with insulin sensitivity & stop liver dump of glycogen. That where my knowledge & experience stops with this drug..

I'm T1.
The insulin... How often a day are you directed to inject? (You may have been told to have regular meals with this type of insulin regime?)

I'm also going to tag in @ickihun , she's T2 but listed as having experience with Humulin M3.

Last edited:

karen diana

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks. Well, the metformin will help with insulin sensitivity & stop liver dump of glycogen. That where my knowledge & experience stops with this drug..

I'm T1.
The insulin... How often a day are you directed to inject? (You may have been told to have regular meals with this type of insulin regime?)

I'm also going to tag in @ickihun , she's T2 but listed as having experience with Humulin M3.

Hi I inject twice a day half an hour before breakfast and same before tea. My sugar levels are really good, had lots of issues when dieting do many lows I’ve been advised to stop diet.