1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type of milk

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by pkumar, May 29, 2021.

1. pkumar

pkumar · Active Member

Any thoughts on benefits of oat milk and impact to blood sugar? Any experience anybody like to share.

Thanks
    Kumar

2. Rach612

Rach612 Other · Well-Known Member

Anything with oats would spike me. Alpro almond no sugars milk may be a better alternative for you. Test to your meter though.

3. TriciaWs

TriciaWs Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I can't tolerate oat milk as it is much too high in carbs for me. I have full fat cow's milk in coffee, but use much less than I used to when using skimmed milk. For cooking I use coconut milk or double cream.
    I do like cashew milk and buy organic cashew milk when it's on special offer but I tend to avoid almonds and almond milk if it comes from the USA (all those fires in California when the almond farms are taking extra water plus all the chemical sprays they use).

4. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

At 56gm of carb per litre it is rather high carb.
    What do you use it for?

5. Speedbird

Speedbird Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I like this milk. No carbs in the blue striped one and a good amount of protein. Tastes good frothed up in coffee and heated up for keto “porridge” too.
    https://besproud.com/gb/our-product/

6. Caprock94

Caprock94 · Well-Known Member

We've been using this milk. Claims to have half the carbs. Still tastes like regular milk to me.

https://fairlife.com/

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook