Type1 and celiac

sha333y1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
trying to follow type 1 and celiac diet together !!!!
Can anyone tell me why I can't find any good recipes for both of these hateful illnesses. also why is it so expensive to join Carb Counting when everything I eat is so expensive .

tomrose

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can anyone tell me why I can't find any good recipes for both of these hateful illnesses. also why is it so expensive to join Carb Counting when everything I eat is so expensive .

Hello.
I hope I can help. I am type 1 and I am sure I am celiac, a test is in the pipeline. I cannot recommend this book enough:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/191090497X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
All recipes are low carb and gluten free and it is designed primarily for type 1 diabetics.
Plus... they are yummy.
Tom

D

Deleted Account

What special "type 1 diet" are you looking for?
I maintain relatively good management of my diabetes on the same diet as I ate before my diagnosis through careful dosage of my insulin.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Yes, specifically gluten-free foods on the supermarket shelves are expensive! Would your GP be able to give you a funded supply of some of the basics?
My lovely son-in-law’s celiac and he tends to stick to rice and potatoes for main meals - carbs and Cals will give you the values. You can get rice noodles for a gluten-free version of spaghetti and special treat cakes can be made with ground nuts.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Hi I have coeliac too and I eat a varied diet. Homemade meat balls, cottage pie, curry, fish, roast dinner's,omelette's, lots of vegetables, meats,cheese, casseroles and last night I had pan fried chicken in butter and garlic with vegetable rice. Tonight I am having salmon, small hassleback new potatoes with salad. I eat yogurts too, Irish yogurt diet fat free, is gluten free.
Gluten free sausages are tasty and affordable too and if you buy a chicken you can make it last for 2 to 3 days.

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I'm a T2 low carber. I was tested for Coeliac a couple of years ago, and "passed". In other words, I swerved the label, but I do have issues with gluten - crushing fatigue, joint pain, bloating, constipation, then reverse constipation, if you get my meaning, so I eat a g-f diet.

my version of low carbing, I don't eat bread, cakes or biscuits, so that's not an issue for me, and the only specifically gluten-free products I buy are soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Anything else I use subs or just don't have.

I haven't bought any cookery books at all, but I just Google "low carb, gluten free x, y or z" and am amazed what comes up.

Is there anything you're specifically struggling with, or is it a general frustration?