Uht Double Cream?

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Kerrys do a really nice one - I buy the 1 Litre tetrapak from Bookers wholesale. They keep too...taste as good as fresh.
Are you talking about cream? UHT cream? Do you really buy a litre at a time? Please could you explain further?

PS I love your avatar. Is it bugle?

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I buy Jersey double cream sold by Longley farm it is extra thick and lasts long after the sell by date Morrison' sell it ,and even the single cream is thicker than normal double cream
Carol

I've found this lasts lasts longer too. I've also bought both Morrison's and Waitrose own extra thick versions.

It's possible to freeze double cream - as long as you leave some expansion room in the container. Further information on the web if needed! I've tried it with the extra thick and it's been fine in hot drinks after thawing. I'm debating about freezing more to use as a sort of ice cream as well...

Robbity

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I buy Jersey double cream sold by Longley farm it is extra thick and lasts long after the sell by date Morrison' sell it ,and even the single cream is thicker than normal double cream
Carol
Longley Farm Jersey single cream may be thick, but it is almost twice the carbs of their Jersey double (2.3 versus 4g carbs per 100g).

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Goodness! That takes me back. We used to have it with tinned peaches for a treat after Sunday lunch.
Yes me to.. evaporated milk with tinned fruit salad after Sunday roast. I loved it and used to have it in tea and coffee as well in fact although I have not had it for years I know I would still like it in coffee because I do not like cream in it

Reactions: DJC3

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Why not get your usual cream and divide it into small pots then freeze them

Reactions: DJC3

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I's possible to freeze double cream - as long as you leave some expansion room in the container. Further information on the web if needed! I've tried it with the extra thick and it's been fine in hot drinks after thawing. I'm debating about freezing more to use as a sort of ice cream as well...

10 minute in our ice cream maker does it, sometimes I use a mix of double cream and yoghurt.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Longley Farm Jersey single cream may be thick, but it is almost twice the carbs of their Jersey double (2.3 versus 4g carbs per 100g).
Yes sorry I should have mentioned that ! I only use the single when I can't get the double ,it works ok for me as my go to pud with full fat yoghurt and a few berries or small portion of satsuma
Carol