Ultrasmart and Vista - anyone made it work??

squishee

Hi all,

I have a One Touch Ultrasmart meter, which I love, and have just got the interface cable for downloading the results to my pc.

Sat down and installed everything - the data management software from Lifescan, the drivers for the meter and the drivers for the cable - from their website.

BUT everytime I try and set up the meter in the DMS, or download it's results, it says that the program cannot find the meter :(

I then noticed that the booklet that came with the cable says it is ONLY compatible with Windows 98 through to XP, and doesn't mention Vista. Of course, we run Vista... :roll:

Has anyone succesfully managed to download their data using MS Vista? And if so, how did you do it?!?! I know you can sit and manually type your results in, but it's such a faff and I don't always have time/remember to do it. Then I realise I have loads to input, and I just won't bother :oops:

Please help!!

Bigglesworth

Right click on the program start icon. Select properties. Select comparability tab. Check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:". Select from drop down.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Both myself and sugarless sue use the Ultrasmart meter and we both run on Vista OS. Neither of us has had any problems running the software or downloading readings etc. I regularly print mine out for the SDSN and Endo.

Have you switched your meter on when it is connected before trying to communicate ???

Is your system fully updated with all the latest security updates from Microsoft and have you checked that you have the latest version of the Lifescan DMS as well ? Mine worked straight out of the box.....no problems. Neither of us has needed to run it in compatability mode.

Ken

squishee

Hi,

Just thought I'd report back on this in case anyone else is having trouble, as I managed to fix it last night.
Compatibility mode didn't make it work, but thanks for the suggestion!
Everything I have for the meter is the most up to date versions - drivers, software etc, and yes the meter was switched on!! :wink:

After 2 hours of hunting around on the internet it seems that the version of Vista you are running can cause the problem.
It was simply a case of downloading a 3rd-party driver for the cable and bingo! Now all running smoothly! :)
So, if anyone else is having problems search for a "serial to usb adaptor driver" on google, install it, and also make sure that the DMS software is looking for the cable in the right place! (For some reason mine didn't work with autosearch on, I had tp manually tell it which COM port to look at)

Hope this helps anyone else!