Uncontrolled diabites

mansha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I wanna help about my diabetic conditions i have uncontrollable diabities when i was chekup my self i got 11.0 hba1c reports and now I'm so worry...
I'm injecting n/r insulin 50 morning and 50 evening bed time glargine 30 units...
Still fasting sugur 380 to 450...

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
welcome to the forum/family my advice is firstly stop worrying you can get your blood sugar levels down, its not easy but a combination of Low carb high fat diet exercise and medication will show results worry itself can cause Blood sugar to rise
your sugar levels are in the 20 - 25 mml range which is high did you get you reading of 11.0 hba1c at hospital and what medication are you taking any tablets or is it just the injections Please give us more information like what do you normally eat

this will help others to guide you and give you detailed advice meanwhile read the diet sections of the forum which will give you an idea of foods to avoid I am presuming you Self Test with a meter what are your reading before you eat ? and 2 hrs After meal as this is important.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
I wanna help about my diabetic conditions i have uncontrollable diabities when i was chekup my self i got 11.0 hba1c reports and now I'm so worry...
I'm injecting n/r insulin 50 morning and 50 evening bed time glargine 30 units...
Still fasting sugur 380 to 450...
Hi and welcome
I think you will find here who will help you just type all the information about you
Example :
Type1 Or type2
Do you use diet or not?

When does your blood glucose rise in the morning, in the afternoon, in the evening, or at night?

Any type of insulin used fast acting, slow or moderate ?
Oh sorry you using IR 1H 6H 14H
Glargine Long Action

Just do not worry about you. Four months ago I was worse off than you now I'm fine my FBG is OK

Last edited:

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Are you in the UK? In the UK, NICE recommends that T1s are on the Basal/Bolus (aka MDI) insulin regime not twice-a-day mixed. It means more injections (4 or 5) but gives much better control. When on Basal/Bolus you also need to carb count i.e. adjust the meal-time insulin for the carbs in the meal. Can you discuss this with your nurse of doctor? Also have you reduced the carbs in your diet. When these are reduced it is important to adjust the insulin if needed to avoid hypos

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
With this amount of insulin, it gets worse
I think the problem is in the amount of carbohydrates please take diet