kata.laga

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Hello friends,

I am new here. Need you kind help.

I am pregnant. Today i diagnosed my diabetes level. Result is

Plasma Glucose Fasting: 6.45 mmol/l
Plasma Glucose 2 Hrs. ABF: 11.12 mmol/l

I gave blood, then did breakfast and after 2 hours gave blood. The report is attached.

Can you please
20160622_231541.jpg
, is it standard level or high? Am I in a adverse situation? Will my baby have complexities? What I should do now?

Sorry for such layman questions but I am scared for may little angel may have complexities. Please help.

Thank you in advance.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @kata.laga :)

First of all, don't worry :) Even if you do have Gestational Diabetes, it can be treated and you and your baby should be fine :)

No one here is a doctor so we can only answer from our own experience. Your blood glucose results do look a little higher than normal, particularly the result two hours after. But do not panic! There will be help for you - perhaps a change of diet, perhaps some medication.

Did you speak to a doctor about your results?

Congratulations on your pregnancy :) If you are diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes, you will be given advice and support and monitored more closely, and all should be fine :)

kata.laga

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Hi @kata.laga :)

First of all, don't worry :) Even if you do have Gestational Diabetes, it can be treated and you and your baby should be fine :)

No one here is a doctor so we can only answer from our own experience. Your blood glucose results do look a little higher than normal, particularly the result two hours after. But do not panic! There will be help for you - perhaps a change of diet, perhaps some medication.

Did you speak to a doctor about your results?

Congratulations on your pregnancy :) If you are diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes, you will be given advice and support and monitored more closely, and all should be fine :)

Thank you for your words and support. I followed my doctor advice and the level has come to standard.

Reactions: 4 people

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello friends,

I am new here. Need you kind help.

I am pregnant. Today i diagnosed my diabetes level. Result is

Plasma Glucose Fasting: 6.45 mmol/l
Plasma Glucose 2 Hrs. ABF: 11.12 mmol/l

I gave blood, then did breakfast and after 2 hours gave blood. The report is attached.

Can you pleaseView attachment 19561 , is it standard level or high? Am I in a adverse situation? Will my baby have complexities? What I should do now?

Sorry for such layman questions but I am scared for may little angel may have complexities. Please help.

Thank you in advance.
I have 6 healthy babies from 5 gestational diabetes pregnancies! (2nd one i didnt have gd!) They said anything above 7 for the 2hrs after is considered high. Look to the possitive though!!! You will get more scans than other woman (more times to watch that baby grow) you will receive more care and attention than a woman without plus the big PLUS you will be induced so you wont have the agony of waiting worrying with every twinge if its time, rushing to the hospital only to be told "its gas go home!" Lol. You will get to enjoy it more listen to your babies heart beat more and just relax and let it come... let it happen. Dont stress or fret. With my 1st i was just 18 years old, just go with it, trust them to do the right thing as with the first they kind of know more than you (once you get to my stage you tell them how the labour will progress and what time the baby will "walk" out!)

Gd will go away after you give birth.They will make sure baby is ok so expect to be in hospital for atleast 24 hours after delivery. It is so exciting and i hope everything goes well, if you need help or advice then you can contact me.

Edited by a mod

Last edited by a moderator: