Unexpected High

dot

Last weekend my lad (T1 since Feb 2009) was playing his fiddle in an evening concert. Before he ate, BS was normal and he did an onjection to cover his grub. Then he did the performance and on the way home was flying - all pumped up after the performance.

Did his pre bedtime test and it was over 25! No way on earth it could have been caused by the meal. So I wondered, does adrenalin cause BS to rise?

Fallenstar

aww Bless him I bet he was buzzing high on life and quite rightly so :D

yes Adrenalin , cortisol these will be released when we are stressed or very exhilirated which Is probably how he was feeling . I think we all have extreme high readings from stressful or very exciting situations quiet often , so you are right I bet it was that more than the meal he had eaten.

sometimes my meter is better at displaying how I have felt about certain situations ,times in my life than I have actually experienced mentally at the time....it just goes to show though how much outside influences effect us physically.

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
Agree with above post but just wondered what you did with the 25? I've had Khaleb go high like that from excitement and I've tended to either ignore the level for a few hours or only treat half of the high otherwise he has a BIG hypo later.