Unplanned pregnancy risks of high blood sugars

Jd040767

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks azure, I'm pretty sure I'm going ahead. Heads all over the place with the high hba1c let alone adding in a break up plus prospect of doing this as a single mum (supported yes by partner but not as a couple) xx

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Try not to stress (easier said than done, I know!) Just concentrate on looking after yourself and baby.

Without revealing personal details, I can say that my life as a parent hasn't turned out as I planned, but I am ok and so are my children. I think diabetes gives you strength - coping with that every day means you're used to taking on things and just going forward. Yes, it's hard work, but also amazing.

You're not alone.

Take care of yourself XX

Reactions: 4 people

Jd040767

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I've had fairly heavy bleeding with some clotting for a day now. Been to A and E, got told to self refer to EPU. After waiting for three hours from reply from EPU got told probably miscarriage, monitor bleeding and try a pregnancy test in a weeks time.
Absolutely devastated X

Postitnote

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
At the moment... artex ceilings. Also the concrete patio.
Sending you hugs @Jd040767 . I also miscarried a few years ago so can sympathise. Take your time and seek out loved ones for support :)

Reactions: 2 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've had fairly heavy bleeding with some clotting for a day now. Been to A and E, got told to self refer to EPU. After waiting for three hours from reply from EPU got told probably miscarriage, monitor bleeding and try a pregnancy test in a weeks time.
Absolutely devastated X

Thinking of you..... {{hug}}

I had bleeding in early pregnancy (light) but a friend had heavy bleeding and all was ok. All you can do is rest and wait to see what happens...

{{another hug}} If things do go badly, don't blame yourself at all. Miscarriages are far more common than people realise.

Look after yourself XXX

Jd040767

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thinking of you..... {{hug}}

I had bleeding in early pregnancy (light) but a friend had heavy bleeding and all was ok. All you can do is rest and wait to see what happens...

{{another hug}} If things do go badly, don't blame yourself at all. Miscarriages are far more common than people realise.

Look after yourself XXX

Thank you. This is quite a lot (won't go into tmi on this) so I'm not hopeful. Outwith my DSN who has been nothing short of amazing I've totally lost all faith in the NHS through this entire process. The insensitivity of just monitor the bleeding and try a test in a week floors me. Xx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you. This is quite a lot (won't go into tmi on this) so I'm not hopeful. Outwith my DSN who has been nothing short of amazing I've totally lost all faith in the NHS through this entire process. The insensitivity of just monitor the bleeding and try a test in a week floors me. Xx

A friend had a similar unhelpful response. Seems not uncommon. Ignore their insensitivity. Just don't even bother thinking about them - they're not worth it.

Concentrate on taking care of yourself - physically and emotionally.

I really feel for you.... XXX

Jd040767

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Been bleeding now since Tuesday. Bright red and sorry for tmi with clotting. Not looking hopeful I'd say. Got to wait till Monday to do a test and see. Xx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You've done everything you can if it is bad news. I can't stress enough how common things like this are.

I know that doesn't make it hurt any less, but I just wanted to say that there are lots of women out there who've been through the same thing.

Look after yourself xxx

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Did that not offer you a scan? My friend has a scan at both 6 and 7 weeks after such heavy bleeds she was convinced she has miscarried both times! She is still pregnant and due 4 days before me.

I do think that's shocking you just being told to monitor the bleeding!!!

I hope you have lots of support and I'm sending you lots of love and hugs X X X

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Jd040767

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, had a miscarriage confirmed this week. Just wasn't meant to be. But enlightened me to the processes and support available. Thank you for all your kind words xx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, had a miscarriage confirmed this week. Just wasn't meant to be. But enlightened me to the processes and support available. Thank you for all your kind words xx

I can't add much to that hug except to say that I'm very sorry XXX

Sarahkylie88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So sorry to hear that X X X X

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app