**shell**

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Insects, ignorance, horror films.
Morning All
I'm sure this has been discussed many times in the past but...
Do you know if we can get replacement sensors if ours essentially fall off?
I have had my sensor on since Monday and it has become unstuck on one side, I fear it's unstuck under the sensor too because it's really quite sore and I wonder if this is because it's moving.
Obviously I'm going to have to take it off incase it has come out slightly as I'm worried about infection but it would be a shame to spend £44 on 5 days worth of data.
X

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
If you phone the abbott helpline and explain the issue there's a good chance they'll send you a new sensor, together with a reply paid envelope to return the old one. In my experience, once they start to come unstuck they stop working pretty soon anyway, even if you leave them on. Good luck, just don't throw the old sensor away.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You should be entitled to a replacement sensor I would hope.
For future reference, have you considered how you actually fix the sensor in the first place?
I personally use Dexcom but the principle is the same.
Shave the area before application.
Apply 'Skin-tac' ( this stuff really helps with adhesion)
Overlay the sensor with a libre patch. These are available from many suppliers pre cut to size or you can make your own from Opsite or Tegaderm dressings. YouTube shows how it's done.
I follow these steps and get 14 days of good adhesion easily even with heavy exercise and all that entails. Even when the patch lifts at the edges the actual sensor is still in place and stuck down.

Reactions: kev-w and dbr10

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi shell abbott will replace the sensor but in the mean time i would place some tegaderm over sensor to keep it in place as it could be sometime before replacement arrives :)

Reactions: dbr10