1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Unsupportive management.

Discussion in 'Jobs and Employment' started by philly1991, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Laconic

Laconic · Well-Known Member

Smoke from grilling often sets the fire alarm off and wakes up the household and neighbours

2. joffy01582

joffy01582 · Active Member

Driving with blood sugars of lower than 5 is the same as drink driving and if caught you could lose your license .....been there for another complaint .....18 months to get my license back

3. LaoDan

LaoDan Type 2 · Well-Known Member

5? I’m regularly in the 4s. Ouch

4. Andydragon

Andydragon Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Given non diabetic pre meal are between 4 and 6 I can’t see how this is true

5. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. joffy01582

joffy01582 · Active Member

Under 5 do not drive as I was taught

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. searley

searley Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

My dvla consultant says you can drive as low as 4 but you shod not start a journey if under 5

8. KK123

KK123 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi there, that may make good sense but it's not entirely true (in the UK). If it were I would rarely be able to commence a drive at all as I am often in the 4s. A lot depends on an individuals circumstances of course (and whether they fall fast or not etc) but the Law states you CAN start off a drive in the 4s but should have a snack.

If you hypo whilst you are driving, then you MUST stop (obviously), treat the hypo and THEN wait until it's in the 5s to continue driving.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. searley

searley Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I think most of it when you read is recommended not required.. the only thing set in stone is that you cant drive when clinically hypo.. and you are classed as clinically hypo at 3.9 or below I believe.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook