Unusual Crushes

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is a spin-off from another thread as I thought there may be some other people out there who have crushes on more unconventional people.

I'm proud to say I have a lot of them! These are some examples, but I have a whole lot more!

Tall, gangly Jewish men such as Jeff Goldblum, Leonard Cohen, Leonard Nimoy.

Men who prefer men such as Paul Foot (comedian, not journalist), Marc Almond.

Men who like men and women such as Richard O'Brien (he's my absolute top crush!).

Men who wear stockings and corsets - Tim Curry in Rocky Horror.

So, come on, 'fess up - who are yours? Are they stranger than that lot or am I on my weird lonesome?

Reactions: 5 people

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm with you on Jeff Goldblum, especially in all that Black Leather in Jurassic Park

Other ones which some people may think are odd: Anthony Edwards (Goose) in Top Gun, Richard Armatige, Timothy Dalton, Deforest Kelley, I also seem to go for much older men - love a silver fox and characters who are "broken" in some way.

Conventional handsome men don't general do anything for me - I can see that they are attractive eg George Clooney, Brad Pitt but they're just lacking that certain something for me

If we all liked the same thing the world would be a very boring place.

Reactions: 2 people

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
When I was a teenager in the 70's before I met the wonderful Mrs Cumbs
I had a few things for Agnetha Faltskog (the blonde from Abba) Olivia Newton John and in her tennis peek Sue Barker

Now I think all 3 have kept their beauty but they were hotter than hot in their younger days

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When I was a teenager in the 70's before I met the wonderful Mrs Cumbs
I had a few things for Agnetha Faltskog (the blonde from Abba) Olivia Newton John and in her tennis peek Sue Barker

Now I think all 3 have kept their beauty but they were hotter than hot in their younger days

They were and are all lovely, but you have to admit that they're traditionally beautiful. Can I tempt you to another blonde, but with more hidden charms, say, Margaret Thatcher..?

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lol what a topic

My number one crush is Chester Bennington from Linkin Park. Those eyes, those tattoos, stamina (when jumping around at concerts ;))

I do have a thing for eyes, especially blue ones (Chester is the exception he's got brown eyes) erm people like Daniel Craig, Tom Hiddleston, Benedict Cumberbatch, Darren Hayes (ex Savage Garden),

And as a stupid one I have a girl crush on Nancy Del'Olo

I'll have to come back to this, there will be more no doubt hee hee

N

NicolaB70

I really don't know why but Richard Osman from pointless. If you was to ask me why, I really couldn't give you an answer, there's something there but haven't got a clue what

N

NicolaB70

This is a spin-off from another thread as I thought there may be some other people out there who have crushes on more unconventional people.

I'm proud to say I have a lot of them! These are some examples, but I have a whole lot more!

Tall, gangly Jewish men such as Jeff Goldblum, Leonard Cohen, Leonard Nimoy.

Men who prefer men such as Paul Foot (comedian, not journalist), Marc Almond.

Men who like men and women such as Richard O'Brien (he's my absolute top crush!).

Men who wear stockings and corsets - Tim Curry in Rocky Horror.

So, come on, 'fess up - who are yours? Are they stranger than that lot or am I on my weird lonesome?
I'm with you on Jeff Goldblum, especially in all that Black Leather in Jurassic Park

Other ones which some people may think are odd: Anthony Edwards (Goose) in Top Gun, Richard Armatige, Timothy Dalton, Deforest Kelley, I also seem to go for much older men - love a silver fox and characters who are "broken" in some way.

Conventional handsome men don't general do anything for me - I can see that they are attractive eg George Clooney, Brad Pitt but they're just lacking that certain something for me

If we all liked the same thing the world would be a very boring place.
Jeff Goldblum is on Graham Norton show tonight

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OH NO!!! I'm out tonight!!! I never go out!!! Why, God, why??

Never mind, I'll watch it tomorrow in iPlayer. We're actually going out to one of Paul Foot's Secret Gigs. Totally love him big-time - this is about the billionth time we've seen him. Watch out, Paul - I'm going to be weird again!

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
They were and are all lovely, but you have to admit that they're traditionally beautiful. Can I tempt you to another blonde, but with more hidden charms, say, Margaret Thatcher..?

I can just visualise her as a dominatrix

I seem to have picked blondes BUT thinking of Maggie as a dominatrix has brought to my attention of another woman who unquestionably was a head turner in her heyday as Emma Peel from The Avengers played by Diana Rigg (non blonde) but smouldering in her leather gear as Emma Peel lol

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can just visualise her as a dominatrix

I seem to have picked blondes BUT thinking of Maggie as a dominatrix has brought to my attention of another woman who unquestionably was a head turner in her heyday as Emma Peel from The Avengers played by Diana Rigg (non blonde) but smouldering in her leather gear as Emma Peel lol

Oh, @Cumberland - you will have to fight my husband for Emma Peel! I have totally accepted that I will never live up to that foxy chick! He also fancies himself as a Steed. Erm - no.

But, again, she's unquestionably glorious, so not allowed in this group. So, do I put you down as a sub for Maggie's dom? I absolutely will, if you don't come up with a stranger crush!

hornplayer

Lol, don't do crushes. Learnt a valuable lesson at a relatively young age - If a man's lips are moving, he's lying.

Present company excepted, of course.

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Oh, @Cumberland - you will have to fight my husband for Emma Peel! I have totally accepted that I will never live up to that foxy chick! He also fancies himself as a Steed. Erm - no.

But, again, she's unquestionably glorious, so not allowed in this group. So, do I put you down as a sub for Maggie's dom? I absolutely will, if you don't come up with a stranger crush!

Ok a strange crush and going on her whacky zany behaviour and her sense of fun try this ......

Su Pollard

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I tempt you to another blonde, but with more hidden charms, say, Margaret Thatcher..?

iu

Not a crush of mine, 'cos I'm a straight bloke, but tell me, ladies: Angus Deayton - what's that all about? :***::***::D

S

Shar67

Brad Pitt is not good looking, he has terrible skin and looks like he needs a bath.
Julian Clary, lovely.

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Angus Deayton? No idea - everyone else is welcome to him!

Brad Pitt? Pretty when young, but not even with a barge pole, now!

Julian Clary? Mmmm, yes, please! Especially in his Joan Collins Fan Club kit...