1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1 Unwanted diabetes supplies

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Alex_B, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Alex_B

Alex_B Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I have a lot of unneeded diabetes supplies like lancets, pen needles. The doctors won’t take them and I don’t know what to do with them. Just wondered if anyone knew where I could take them as I don’t really need them anymore as I have enough and it’s taking up space as it’s nearly a whole bag full of them, some unopened. I don’t want to Chuck them away when someone might need them if they can’t afford to get diabetes medication.

2. El_em

El_em Type 1 · Member

Hi!

I actually came on here to ask about purchasing needles and lancets - we live abroad and have gotten a bit stranded with the latest lockdown, and my supplies are running a little low!

I’m struggling to find many places selling 5mm pen needles in particular so I’d be super interested in taking them off your hands (can pay!)

cheers

3. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Hi @Alex_B if you contact the Independent Diabetes Trust they will take any supplies and distribute them to those in need, I can’t find the link in their website so it would be best if you email them and see what their current situation is with accepting donations:
    [email protected]

4. Alex_B

Alex_B Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I’ve just went on there and they’ve had to stop accepting donations due to the pandemic. I may email them and ask when they will open up the donations again. Thanks

5. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

I thought this might be the case, it would be difficult for them to predict when they can start accepting them again, I have lots of stuff to send them too so will keep an eye on it and if I hear anything I will let you know.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook