Type 1 Unwanted diabetes supplies

Alex_B

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a lot of unneeded diabetes supplies like lancets, pen needles. The doctors won’t take them and I don’t know what to do with them. Just wondered if anyone knew where I could take them as I don’t really need them anymore as I have enough and it’s taking up space as it’s nearly a whole bag full of them, some unopened. I don’t want to Chuck them away when someone might need them if they can’t afford to get diabetes medication.

El_em

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi!

I actually came on here to ask about purchasing needles and lancets - we live abroad and have gotten a bit stranded with the latest lockdown, and my supplies are running a little low!

I’m struggling to find many places selling 5mm pen needles in particular so I’d be super interested in taking them off your hands (can pay!)

cheers

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Alex_B if you contact the Independent Diabetes Trust they will take any supplies and distribute them to those in need, I can’t find the link in their website so it would be best if you email them and see what their current situation is with accepting donations:
[email protected]

Alex_B

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Alex_B if you contact the Independent Diabetes Trust they will take any supplies and distribute them to those in need, I can’t find the link in their website so it would be best if you email them and see what their current situation is with accepting donations:
[email protected]
I’ve just went on there and they’ve had to stop accepting donations due to the pandemic. I may email them and ask when they will open up the donations again. Thanks

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I’ve just went on there and they’ve had to stop accepting donations due to the pandemic. I may email them and ask when they will open up the donations again. Thanks

I thought this might be the case, it would be difficult for them to predict when they can start accepting them again, I have lots of stuff to send them too so will keep an eye on it and if I hear anything I will let you know.