Unwell not eating

Cosy

I have a urine//kdney infection.. I got anti biotecs yesterday and hopefully they kick in soon. The thing is I have not eaten any thing since Wednesday I did not inject my insulin (Insuman Comb 25. ) yesterday) I still do not feel like eating and checked my reading there and it was 16.3...………...I assume it my medications I am taking doing that, but should I be injecting even though not eatin ?

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
NHS helpline for adults who use insulin: call 0345 123 2399 (Monday to Friday from 9am to 6pm)

Ring them now for advice. As a T1 I definitely need insulin if I do not inject, but things are slightly different if T2 (it depends on how much insulin your body produces). Get medical advice now.

Good luck, hope you feel better soon.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a urine//kdney infection.. I got anti biotecs yesterday and hopefully they kick in soon. The thing is I have not eaten any thing since Wednesday I did not inject my insulin (Insuman Comb 25. ) yesterday) I still do not feel like eating and checked my reading there and it was 16.3...………...I assume it my medications I am taking doing that, but should I be injecting even though not eatin ?
The infection is driving your blood sugars up. And the infection feeds on sugar, so you really do need to get your blood sugars down to heal. Make the call, you shouldn't do this on your own.