Update, and Puzzle

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great to hear from you @bulkbiker! I know what you mean, but (a) the hoppy liquid is imbibed at both lunch and dinner i.e. spread relatively evenly through the afternoon/evening, (b) the nocturnal peeing is in small quantities although every event brings relief, if only for half an hour or so, and (c) on some days I don't drink much but *still* end up getting up during the night to go to the bathroom, albeit not quite as often. (Sorry to be so graphic but it is the nature of the subject.)

The nurse at the NHS clinic said they would check for a UTI but the initial tests came back negative.
I suffer retention problems that give me this symptom too. My prostate is the standard size and shape according to the scans, and it seems to be the interface with the inner valve face roughening up with old age, and this causes a slight tndency to shut off early. I am on a med that eases this problem. It is the benign condition. There is also a blood test that can show if prostate is playing up or thinking bigger than your boots, so it is worth having that done anyway when entering older ages.

Welcome back to the forum. You were missed.

Edit to add: I found that a shot of whisky at bedtime lets me sleep through the night, and so far I have had no accidents either.

Reactions: Tophat1900

Dark Horse

I mentioned this to the nurse at my appointment earlier this week. She asked me, "Haven't you been getting a letter in the mail" (about the eye check). I said no, and asked if she could do something about this, and she said that she would.

Edited to add: my last check was in America just before I left, two years ago. At that time, all was fine (no sign of retinopathy) but I'm obviously overdue for a check.
Yes - keep chasing until they sort it out. Also, make sure your GP surgery has your address recorded correctly.

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's a large village in eastern Kent (the parish has about 2,300 inhabitants). It is small enough that giving you the name of the place would be tantamount to identifying me, so regretfully I will hold off. The place has four pubs plus three additional restaurants so the opportunities for imbibing are considerable. Fortunately it is also in the heart of the North Downs so there are dozens of excellent walks doable directly from the village.

I don't mean to pry, just interested. I had a quick look at the north downs on a map and many places in that corner of the country hold memories for me. Not least Guildford on the River Wey, about the furthest south we got when we lived on a narrowboat. My sister lives in Shoreham so I've walked with her on the south downs and my dad was at school in nearby Lancing. I've also played lots of golf around the Sussex and Kent coasts. You live in a lovely part of the world.