Update-how high are your highs?

marie85

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all,

I'm currently sitting in the waiting room of endo-obs joint clinic. Had an early scan this morning and sonographer happy all is good for this early stage. Although they're measuring me from scans a week behind what my I had been told my dates were. Anyone had this before? Should be 7+4 they have me as 6+4.

Also today I'm not sure is it because of the stress with the 3appts but bloods running higher. My 2hr post lunch reading was 14.4!!?!?! I freaked out and just took a correction that will prob nose dive me to a low but afraid of being high. The highest reading I've had(that I know of) since found out I was pregnant has been 10.0.
When people say the odd highs are 'ok' what Numbers are they talking about? Anyone have random spikes over 10 into the teens?
Would love to hear other experiences!
Ps HBA1c is 53-down from 58.
X

JBlaza

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, traffic fumes
I have had a few like that! I found everything settled down again week 12 with more hypos if anything, then I have started finding my levels unpredictable again from about 28 weeks. You can only do your best, just correct and start each day new. I feel like an awful mother sometimes and that I should be doing better for my baby but I also know that I am doing my best for her and I can't do any more than that!

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The highest I had was in the 13s. I got that very early on (bloods later went lower) and very late in pregnancy I had some highs too. I just corrected them and tested lots so that I could adjust my basal or ratios, if necessary.

It's very possible stress caused your high. Don't worry about it - move on. As @JBlaza says, you can only do your best and I'm sure all pregnant ladies here have odd highs.

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
... I'm ten weeks and I've had one or two low teens and quite a lot of 10's... I spoke to my consultant about this about a week ago as I was super concerned - but found I was having paralyzing hypos if I tried to be more aggressive with my insulin... he said at this stage my hba1c (which was taken on that day and was 5.7) indicated I shouldn't worry about the random highs too much... he said the Hba1c told him even if I was hitting numbers I 'shouldn't', I wasn't staying there long enough to worry - which reassured me.
He did say that would change in the second and third trimester as Hba1c is less accurate due to higher rate of turnover of red blood cells - but for now he said not to stress too much as that could be just as distressing for baby...

Of course I strive to do my best numbers wise - but as other have said - all we can do is our best...x

Reactions: azure