licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
had corornary angiogram with contrast dye 23rd november
dr called last week and said i should get a letter but i do have slight calcification in one artery and not to worry (you dont tell someone not to worry when they have health anxiety)
ive still heard nothing from the hospital

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Having done hundreds of coronary angios I can tell you that if you had a significant "blockage" the doctor (not the hospital, a hospital is a building) would have informed you as soon as it was done. Everyone your age has some coronary calcification. Sounds like you don't have much to worry about.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
had corornary angiogram with contrast dye 23rd november
dr called last week and said i should get a letter but i do have slight calcification in one artery and not to worry (you dont tell someone not to worry when they have health anxiety)
ive still heard nothing from the hospital
Hi. The same for me i.e. slight calcification in one artery and also aortic stenosis due to bi-cuspid aortic valves (two of the three flaps stuck together). Good to hear @TheBigNewt say some calcification is always present when you age. I'm 73 and my cardio is not worried and no treatment is planned - just annual echocardiograms (my results this week!). I did have an Exercise Echocardiogram last year which was fun but it showed my heart was coping very well under stress. At least we know the state of our circulation system. How many are there out there going around as walking time-bombs and having no travel insurance premium as they have no pre-existing condition anyone knows about but actually high risk?

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. The same for me i.e. slight calcification in one artery and also aortic stenosis due to bi-cuspid aortic valves (two of the three flaps stuck together). Good to hear @TheBigNewt say some calcification is always present when you age. I'm 73 and my cardio is not worried and no treatment is planned - just annual echocardiograms (my results this week!). I did have an Exercise Echocardiogram last year which was fun but it showed my heart was coping very well under stress. At least we know the state of our circulation system. How many are there out there going around as walking time-bombs and having no travel insurance premium as they have no pre-existing condition anyone knows about but actually high risk?
Yeah it's pretty easy to follow those valves with echo, we do them every day, and stress echo too. We're starting to send more people with aortic stenosis for TAVR which avoids open heart surgery. A number of my people have already had a bypass and want to avoid a second chest opening surgery for their valve. I just saw a guy this morning who had a TAVR last month. He did great. His bypass was around 2000.

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
Having done hundreds of coronary angios I can tell you that if you had a significant "blockage" the doctor (not the hospital, a hospital is a building) would have informed you as soon as it was done. Everyone your age has some coronary calcification. Sounds like you don't have much to worry about.
Trouble is i dont trust the GP who called me and told me id rather have the letter from the hospital, my GP (i avoid her if possible) told me when i was really unwell on levothyroxine that it was not that causing it because she is on it and has never been unwell, i get awful papitations and she tells me its all in my head shortness of breath is all in my head, chest pains are anxiety the only time she ever really took notice of me was when i went to see her after having a 10 week bleed she had me referred to the hospital straight away for a scan which showed fibroids
anyhow im trying not to worry but theres a history of heart problems in my family, my mum, her mum and my uncle all died at 55 heart trouble (nan had massive heart attack and so did uncle and that was it for them, mum also had lung cancer
dad had a stroke and heart attack and was also dead by 55, my uncle has angina (not sure of his age)
ive heard nothing at all from any cardiologist so i do need to focus that if there was a problem id have heard by now

licklemoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
the heat
i had a treadmill stress test 2 years ago after going to A/E with chest pains that i said i think was due to a cough but they wanted to rue stuff out
the results of stress test were fine but then i had saggy ST segments and i had that a few months back in A/E (when i discharged myself)which is why they did the angiogram

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Get a copy of the procedure note, they usually dictate it right after they do it. Describes the anatomy, the branches, any narrowings, etc. Don't forget just about everyone has some minor narrowings, 30-40% stuff. The big stuff is >80% blocked. It's eyeballed not measured.