1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Update on my blood sugars after going vegetarian.

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by Veryanxious, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Veryanxious

Veryanxious Don't have diabetes · Well-Known Member

I have been vegetarian for two months now and i would like to share my experience though i have included fenugreek seeds which i think are major reason for my normal blood glucose.
    I ate 3 bread slices and 1.5 hours later my blood sugars are 98. I again ate lentils pancake made from two cups of greem moong lentils my blood sugars after 1.5 hours is 106.
    I am not sure as what is most effect vegetarian or fenugreek seeds but my sugars have improved alot. I was not full blown diabetic and did loose 20kgs weight as well. I had done intermittent fasting too.
    I do it now too. I have avoid junk and still don't eat high carb food like rice or wheat roti or bread or pastas. But overall i think it is an improvement and I have some mental peace as i am able to eat my traditional diet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. lucylocket61

lucylocket61 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that nothing in any of the tests you did indicated that you had any type of diabetes or pre diabetes anyway?

I am glad you now have mental peace, and wish you well with this.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Veryanxious

Veryanxious Don't have diabetes · Well-Known Member

I did, my a1c was 6.0% in feb 2018 which was pre diabetic, and my fasting glucose after that were in 100's as in 103, 108.
    With bread i used to spike to 156 to 165 with in one hour.
    I am seeing an improvement in that not sure how long it will last.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook