Updated forum colours/look

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi all - we've updated the forum colours/look slightly so that the forum itself is bigger, clearer and easier to use. The actual space for writing/reading threads can be made to the size of the whole page.

The search bar has also been made bigger so that searching is easier, and links to active topics, new posts are at the top too - as this was requested by almost everyone before. Let us know if there are any other forum links in there that people would like to see.

Any problems, please press Ctrl + F5 - to refresh the cache - although this should be done automatically. We've tested it thoroughly and it does work on all browsers (famous last words!) so if you have any problems please let us know.

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Like the new look, especially how the links to active topics and new posts are under the improved search bar (were they always there and I just didn't see them?)

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Wondered about that thought it was my eyes. lol its gone all orange can't put that down to the diabetes, thank god.

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Nope - we moved them there as the community was asking for them to be more accessible.

Are there any other forum shortcuts we're missing? We thought we'd use the space next to the logo to improve the search (i.e. make it more visible).

Is there anything else we're missing, as most of the time it seems you'd want to either

a) look at new posts
b) see any active posts

...is there anything missing?

claymic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
i thought it might be my eyes as well...i figured there was something different but could not quite place it :)

jopar

I knew something had changed, but couldn't quite work out what :lol:

Have you also changed the shade of red, as this is looking a lot fresher than it used do...

But the forum coming across very clean lined and fresh, a lot more pleasant eye candy indeed.

FractalFragger

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm loving the new look

coming from a web designer with a massive eye for design and a perfectionist. BIG THUMBS UP!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Unbeliever

I am afraid all I noticed was the awful , to me, right margin with the"Most poular" and the adverts. Very off-putting.

Just my personal opinion owing to the problems with my vision. I was hoping it would disappear again........

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
@FractalFragger - glad you like it!

@Unbeliever - you can actually show/hide the right margin using the arrow next to it - it's only not hideable when you're not logged in - so when you log in, just click on the button to hide it.

@Phoenix - sorry you don't like it! We couldn't use the red from the Diabetes logo as it was even brighter. We'll try making it a darker red, perhaps?

No-one has complained about having more space for the Forum though, so that's a big plus! :)

A

Anonymous

it now looks like this (and yes, I did clear the cache :roll: )

I now dread postings from "Administrator" because invariably the layout gets mucked up.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 817

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
swimmer2 - must say that the final post did raise a smile! Can you press Ctrl + F5? It shouldn't look like that... and it can only be that the old cache is over-riding the actual layout!

A

Anonymous

by the way it looks fine in Internet Explorer 9 and no, before you ask, I can't use that instead.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
swimmer2 said:
swimmer2 said:
(and yes, I did clear the cache :roll: )

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave a few moments ago.
swimmer2, maybe your ISP is using a transparent cache - not sure what you can do about that but hopefully it might clear on a daily basis. I had a lot of ISP-caching trouble with clients who used AOL (for example) when I was updating their sites.

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
It's definitely something to do with your browser... as I remember you also had problems when we added the right hand side column... I'll refresh the forum cache again...!

@robert72 - ISP cache? Never knew such a think existed - how did you first find out about that? Do all ISPs have them? I think the tech guys don't know about that either!

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Administrator said:
It's definitely something to do with your browser... as I remember you also had problems when we added the right hand side column... I'll refresh the forum cache again...!

@robert72 - ISP cache? Never knew such a think existed - how did you first find out about that? Do all ISPs have them? I think the tech guys don't know about that either!
Some do, some don't - but I had to write a .htaccess file for my clients sites to stop the AOL cache problem :shh:

Unbeliever

Administrator said:
@FractalFragger - glad you like it!

@Unbeliever - you can actually show/hide the right margin using the arrow next to it - it's only not hideable when you're not logged in - so when you log in, just click on the button to hide

Thanks. I very often miss these little things - have to have them pointed out to me- its all I can do to manage a sraighforward post. And that usually needs editing next day if it is a good day for me :lol:

I though it had gone for good and was quite dismayed to see it back again as it is just too much for my eyes to cope with.