Upgrading the 640g to 670g

aphex2k

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that talk with their mouths full of food.
Hey peeps how are we? Apparently there's some bug going round? Hope you're all OK

I'm at work. T1 diabetic, yes. Frontline health care. Also yes. Wife n kids at home. Unfortunately community mental health assessments and treatments still need to go ahead. It's the calm before the storm. Not only will people's anxiety increase, but depression, isolation... Oh and the millions out of work and soon to be out of work. And those who already get govt money for "looking for work" are going to get MORE money from the govt to look for work, with the people who've just lost jobs who actually want and need to work. Expecting a huge increase in substance use, domestic violence.... and all this while trying to avoid getting unwell myself.

Anyway, pump has been on the back burner and I've not been as focused on it. Have started putting the sensor on my arm. Fractionally more accurate than my belly but not a game changer.

Keep well. Keep hydrated. Keep your distance.

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@aphex2k I'm staying well, locked down here in the UK. I have about 3 weeks of medical stuff so OK for now. Glad to have my T:Slim & Dexcom.
Trying to do one weekly shop,
Luckily I have a nice walk around a nearby golf course once daily & it was pleasant sitting in my small garden when the weather was warm for a few days.
So far, so good. Stay well yourself.

aphex2k

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that talk with their mouths full of food.
Thanks amigo. Winter flu jabs are out now so I'm about to go and get mine in 20 mins. Will get another later in the season as my medical colleagues have suggested benefit in this. Have a little bit of a sore throat / lump but I don't think it's anything to be concerned about. BSL has been stable but expecting this to take a hit once I've had my jab. Usually drop into manual mode and "sick" as my levels usually rise a bit for a couple of days as my body fights the invasion! It's all a bit bizarre here, we're locked down in some senses yet you can still move around, but there's cops everywhere speaking to people and pulling people over to ask where they are going. Essential service me!