Upper left abdominal discomfort 4 months into Keto

Crilio

Hello,

I'm a bit lost on what is going on, After eating i'll have some kind of pressure/discomfort in my upper left abdomen, I guess where the pancreas is? It is not painful but I can feel it, might be an overeaction but I don't want to make mistakes. It comes and go as a small waves for a bit then disappear until my next meal. It started around a month ago.
I lost a lot of weight recently around 25 kg in three and a half month of keto IF (OMAD and a bit more from time to time), I was prediabetic but most likely reversed it (using a glucometer regularly). I've never had gallstone or issues with cholesterol.
Could it be even positive, meaning that my fatty pancreas is going away? (we can dream right?).

Do someone has any experiences with that? I booked a meeting with my doc to be sure anyway, just wanted a few infos from experienced keto people if you have any.

Thank you very much for the help!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello,

I'm a bit lost on what is going on, After eating i'll have some kind of pressure/discomfort in my upper left abdomen, I guess where the pancreas is? It is not painful but I can feel it, might be an overeaction but I don't want to make mistakes. It comes and go as a small waves for a bit then disappear until my next meal. It started around a month ago.
I lost a lot of weight recently around 25 kg in three and a half month of keto IF (OMAD and a bit more from time to time), I was prediabetic but most likely reversed it (using a glucometer regularly). I've never had gallstone or issues with cholesterol.
Could it be even positive, meaning that my fatty pancreas is going away? (we can dream right?).

Do someone has any experiences with that? I booked a meeting with my doc to be sure anyway, just wanted a few infos from experienced keto people if you have any.

Thank you very much for the help!

To be honest, Crilio, what you are experiencing could be many things - some less appealing than others. You've done exactly the right thing making arrangements to see your Doctor. He's the one to work it out.

Nobody here can diagnose you with anything.

Crilio

You are right in thinking that you need to check out any ongoing pain with your GP. There are a large number of possible causes which they will have to rule out.
I will, I also have a blood test coming so I'll be able to see if an issue has come up.

To be honest, Crilio, what you are experiencing could be many things - some less appealing than others. You've done exactly the right thing making arrangements to see your Doctor. He's the one to work it out.

Nobody here can diagnose you with anything.
You're right, I just wanted to see if it already happened to someone else, just to see if it might be keto related or completely different issue. Thanks for the answer

Reactions: ruth2