upset tummy

coleyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hiya

Up until fairly recently I avoided dairy and egg whites and gluten as I suffer the occasional bursts of ibs symptoms and these foods seem to trigger something. So as I've recently went low carb i have included some greek yogurt cheese and eggs again and I don't think the eggs in particular agree it just seems I don't know what to eat now other than meat veg and fish today im so bloated and feel full from last nights bedtime snack of Greek yogurt and flaxseed and small bit of dark choc with smear of peanut butter (had to have these as dinner didn't satisfy even though it put my bs up to 9 it was veg lasagne )

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Maybe try cutting back on the dairy for a day or two to see if you feel better - then reintroduce it slowly one item at a time to try to find out whats causing your uncomfortable feeling - if any. Its possible its just the change to a new way of eating thats doing it but if it continues then you ought to see your GP or DN. :)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you on Metformin? If so, that could be the reason for the upset tummy. Also, too much Flaxseed combined with other high fibre foods could be the reason. I know that too much flaxseed sets my tummy off. One largish dessertspoonful is the max I can have (about 15g I think)

lessci

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I find if I don't keep my Diary intake relatively high it can cause my ibs to play up, but if I persevere for a couple of days it settles down

coleyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks . I am not on any medication. I will see how I go . I'm starting to want bread and things but stuck with my salmon salad for lunch lol

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks . I am not on any medication. I will see how I go . I'm starting to want bread and things but stuck with my salmon salad for lunch lol

Have you tried the very low carb Lidl rolls? I think I might die without them. I no longer look at my hubby's bread and drool because my bread is so much nicer.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I like Lidl Protein Rolls as well. As does my non diabetic husband - he has one every day for his work packed lunch at the moment. I like them them toasted with butter or melted cheese.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Are these rolls no effect on your bs ?

Very little and sometimes none at all if the filling is very fatty.

They are in the fresh baked bread section of Lidl's in those open bread baskets. They are dark brown and triangular.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yes, they freeze well. They keep for a couple of months in the freezer but only a couple of days in a kitchen cupboard. You can defrost them in a microwave.

Reactions: coleyd

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This is what is in them, per 100g. Each roll is slightly above 100g but not much. I buy in bulk, slice them all in half and freeze them. I eat a half one, toasted with loads of butter so it melts right through. No effect on my levels.

Ingredients Water, 17 % Linseed, Wheat Protein, Soy Flour, Whole Wheat Flour , 4 % Sesame, Soybean Meal, 3 % Sunflower seeds, Wheat Bran, Yeast , Oat Fiber, Salt, Coloring Spice Extracts (Curcuma), Thickener: Guar Gum.

Nutritional Information
Typical Values per 100g

Energy 289kcal/1203kJ
Fat 13.8g
Of which saturates 1.8g
Carbohydrate 9.8g
Of which sugars 1.2g
Fibre 12.3g
Protein 25.0g
Salt 1.03g

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@coleyd, have you been tested for coeliac disease? Some people are misdiagnosed with IBS when it's actually CD. Also, some coeliacs are lactose intolerant too. . . . Just a thought.

coleyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hiya I was tested for coeliac it didn't show up. I just ate a whole protein roll with cheese on along with my chicken salad so let's see what happens soon lol . Thanks for all thr great tips and info

Reactions: Bluetit1802

coleyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So 1 hour mark it's at 7.8 or something was 6.8 before it as I'd had to eat a bit of choc while out I left house with 5.8 after not eating for 3 hours n was feeling so **** n starving while shopping will check again at the 2 hour mark see if these rolls will work for me oooh I do hope so !

coleyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I mean I can always try with half a roll next time and see what happens