Upset With Bg Fluctuation

ivan 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Six months after the diagnosis and heart attack,weight loss and latest HbA1c 23 mmol/mol.
Got very upset in the afternoon (3 hours after lunch) with the following readings of Contour plus meter (4 readings within 45 minutes)

Contour plus is probably not the best choice or the liver just does not function well (but such fluctuation within 45 minutes !).
Any experience with BG fluctuation is highly appreciated.Thank you.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Six months after the diagnosis and heart attack,weight loss and latest HbA1c 23 mmol/mol.
Got very upset in the afternoon (3 hours after lunch) with the following readings of Contour plus meter (4 readings within 45 minutes)

Contour plus is probably not the best choice or the liver just does not function well (but such fluctuation within 45 minutes !).
Any experience with BG fluctuation is highly appreciated.Thank you.
Surely that is not a fluctuation but a drop? I find my bg can drop in a rather similar way. I assumed that I had finally managed to muster enough insulin to deal with the (very few) carbs in my previous meal. And the initial rise can come hours after the food intake, due I think to delayed stomach emptying, which is a common diabetic complication from which I suffer.

Reactions: Peadair O Brionn

ivan 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Surely that is not a fluctuation but a drop? I find my bg can drop in a rather similar way. I assumed that I had finally managed to muster enough insulin to deal with the (very few) carbs in my previous meal. And the initial rise can come hours after the food intake, due I think to delayed stomach emptying, which is a common diabetic complication from which I suffer.

Thank you.
Right, it was a drop and it continued to 3.1 after evening insulin dose and long walk without any food.Was just very upset with 7.8 (never had it so high in months).Trying to figure it out what could have caused the rise; back pain, extreme heat, today.Whatever it was must accept the fact the liver is not functioning well and insulin doses are adjusted only plus minus two units. Will have to live with my diabetes, still not fully adapted to it.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you.
Right, it was a drop and it continued to 3.1 after evening insulin dose and long walk without any food.Was just very upset with 7.8 (never had it so high in months).Trying to figure it out what could have caused the rise; back pain, extreme heat, today.Whatever it was must accept the fact the liver is not functioning well and insulin doses are adjusted only plus minus two units. Will have to live with my diabetes, still not fully adapted to it.
Could you post the info that you are using insulin in your signature? That fact could make a huge difference to the advice you might get and its usefulness. Personally I would not venture to try to advise a person on insulin.