Urgent! Freestyle Libre sensor needed

RichardN4

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there,
My son (aged 6) uses Freestyle Libre for T1. I remembered that his sensor is due for change tomorrow and just checked that we had spare sensors. To my absolute horror I saw that we do not. I have ordered more but I don't know how long they will take to get here - at least a week, I imagine. Does anyone in the greater London area or even SE England have a spare sensor I could buy and collect tomorrow? I would be HUGELY grateful. I feel a bit sick that I messed up so badly.

RichardN4

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I haven't seen anything about them for sale anywhere other than directly through the Abbott Freestyle website, so I am not too hopeful that I'll be able to get them at Boots (or any other chemist, for that matter). I've done quite extensive web searching and they don't seem to be available OTC - which is bloody annoying. But thank you for the suggestion, it's appreciated nonetheless.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It seems to he hugely hit and miss with Boots - as all pharmacies have to register with Abbots direct through their B2B web portal. Some bigger pharmacies also seem to want to put up a HUGE markup as well.

Maybe not particularly timely for your case, but if you have a local pharmacy near your surgery it might be worth trying them? I just had to pop to mine and I sent him the details before I went to Australia - he has assured me that he won't be looking for a massive markup because I fill all my prescriptions with him as opposed to traipsing into town.

It may help with the shockingly bad delays Abbots seem to repeatedly have. Best of luck and hope this helps in the longer term for you.