Urgent help please needed!!!!!!!!

Tracyann35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Ok slightly in panic mode just gone to get my accuchek aviva testing kit out of my bag and looks like I’ve lost it, what do I do??? Can’t contact insurance pump people till Monday!!! Just managed to find an old testing test stressing

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Tracyann35 Get on Facebook and look for 'help we forgot t1 kit uk' group, you can post on here and hopefully someone nearby will have a spare meter you can borrow until you get a replacement, or just pick one up at a pharmacy tomorrow. Don't panic though as the stress won't help your bg levels, it will get sorted, take care Hun :)

Tracyann35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi @Tracyann35 Get on Facebook and look for 'help we forgot t1 kit uk' group, you can post on here and hopefully someone nearby will have a spare meter you can borrow until you get a replacement, or just pick one up at a pharmacy tomorrow. Don't panic though as the stress won't help your bg levels, it will get sorted, take care Hun :)

I can’t believe insurance company are only open Mon - Fri and no out of hours
It’s the Handset I need might call Accuchek line, could go back to Mdi but not exactly sure levels to take yep really stressed now thank you!!!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Accucheck aviva is a regular glucose meter and has nothing to do with the pump, right? If you or any friend of you are on facebook, post a search for any meter and test strips in a local group, regardless what the group is about. You'll probably find one within the hour. Good luck!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok slightly in panic mode just gone to get my accuchek aviva testing kit out of my bag and looks like I’ve lost it, what do I do??? Can’t contact insurance pump people till Monday!!! Just managed to find an old testing test stressing

If you have found a meter and strips, are you sorted until Monday? If not, you might be able to pick up a meter of some sort in a pharmacy tomorrow.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
As long as you have a meter you can still just manually input your bg reading so having a compatible meter shouldn't be a problem.