1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Urgently need replies !! Piercings & surgery

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by samowen268, Jan 7, 2019.

1. samowen268

samowen268 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I know this is not the place to be asking something diabetes unrelated so I apologise if this is not appropriate but I need help!

I have a lip piercing and in the morning I have a surgery to get multiple tooth extractions under general anaesthetic. The piercer must have screwed the ball on too tight because I have never been able to get it off! I completely forgot I had to until tonight and now I’m panicking, I have tried every suggestion, steaming it, twisting it, pliers, butter etc!!

Nothing has worked. If I turn up at the hospital and explain I have taken all of my jewellery out but can’t get this out, will they be able to remove it for me? I don’t care if they break it off, I just want it gone! Wondering if they will refuse me treatment? Sorry to go in just need some advice,

Thank you for any help!!

2. alphabeta

alphabeta Type 1 · Well-Known Member

No idea! But I'm going to bump your post.

3. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

A quick snip with wire cutters will do the trick...

• Agree Agree x 1
    #3 Tipetoo, Jan 7, 2019 at 8:09 PM
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  4. zauberflote

zauberflote Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

I’m with Tipetoo. Good luck with your surgery and recovery!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook