Urine sample high - blood normal

beckmeghan

Hi
I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in January after having been diagnosed with NLD last July. My readings were 11.4 glucose and 9.1 Hba1c. However, had to visit the nurse last week and whilst the urine sample I took had a very high reading, the blood test she took from my finger was 5!! Not quite sure whats going on, neither was the Nurse. She took a proper blood sample to send off for the Hba1c. Anyone got any ideas what could be going on?
Thanks for your help!

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi beckmeghan.

The finger prick test for Bg level was just a reading at that point in time. The amount of Glucose in Urine would depend on what you had consumed earlier. Depends when you had food prior to this as to what sort of level it would be.
I presume your Urine sample would have been taken much earlier ?

Your Nurse should have known exactly what was going on - presume she is qualified ?

Anyway, welcome. just ask anything you like - we try to answer.

Ken. :D

beckmeghan

Hi thanks for that.
The urine sample was taken 1st thing in the morning and the nurse appt was at about 3pm. She seemed to think that the level of glucose indicated by the urine reading would mean that my blood reading should have been about 12-15?? Anyway, who knows. Perhaps it was the curry I had the night before .....

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi beckmeghan.

Unless the Nurse took blood and Urine at the same time there is no way you can relate one to the other ! As for the Curry....like it. :D mmmmh !!

I think I would definitely be wary of anything this Nurse said to me ????? :twisted:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Ideally ,an early morning urine sample should be tested asap after being taken.Depending on the conditions you kept it in it would have deteriorated by 3pm so the test would have been compromised anyway.However,if your urine did show that amount of sugar it does mean that,at some points of the day you are running very high blood sugar levels which you should look into to control.Do you have a blood testing kit to test yourself during the day?