1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Useful apps

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by sigita, Apr 26, 2017.

1. sigita

sigita Type 1 · Member

Hello, I'm fighting with my high and low sugar levels but I feel like loosing this battle. Can anyone share some useful apps which find useful with type 1?

• Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  2. hynes48

hynes48 Type 1 · Active Member

Hi @sigita

I use the Mysugr app for tracking my BG readings and carb intake. Personally, I think it is the best app out there. I also use Carb & Cals app for carb counting. It gives you a visual of the portion size and the related carbs....handy for those awkward moments when you don't have a weighing scales in your back pocket;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fergie1985

Fergie1985 Type 1 · Member

Hi @sigita
    I use the DAFNE app to keep track of glucose level readings aswell as carb portions. Carbs and Cals is a really good app aswell to see rough portions and how many carbs are in what you are eating! Xx

4. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi @sigita - Please tell us some more about what insulins you are on and what your daily routine looks like ? If you are struggling with going high/low there may be ways to help you control this as you could be re-bounding off hypos or may have issues with bolus timing at meal times.

5. maria030660

maria030660 · Well-Known Member

I use the mySugr app and it helped me a lot to control again after months of lung infections

6. sigita

sigita Type 1 · Member

I use Lantus and novorapid. My routine is mess because I work nights, some days going to college, two little once I need take to school... I try be healthy, eat healthy food, basically non junk food or alcohol. One thing is coming to my head- hormones ☹️☹️☹️ one week it seems ok, other- hypo everyday ☹️

7. PI3.14

PI3.14 Type 1 · Member

I use both of these apps too - and they're both great. I'm in Australia and here there is another great app called CalorieKing. It has carb content etc and you can change the portion size to work out your numbers. For example 1 cup of Food X has 15g carbs. If you only want 1/2 cup it will recalculate all the numbers dynamically. Has all major food brands and fast food outlets too. Admittedly it's got an Aussie slant to it but if you ignored the brand names and looked at the generic foods it should give you good insight into carb content of the foods you like to eat

• Like Like x 1
  8. TeamHard2017

TeamHard2017 Type 1 · Member

9. TeamHard2017

TeamHard2017 Type 1 · Member

Get yourself a Freestyle Libre blood monitor

• Like Like x 1
  10. sigita

sigita Type 1 · Member

I was thinking of it but it's very expensive tho

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook