Using a Hypo as an excuse to get out of doing things...

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
The laundry.

God, I hate doing laundry and ironing! I've occasionally bought another couple of shirts to avoid it.

I'll quite happily pay for libre out my own pocket, but I think we should get a campaign going to have laundry/ironing services freely funded by the NHS for all T1s - think of the dangers which could be avoided: hypo people using hot implements, downstairs neighbours being flooded out due to doors being accidentally opened on full cycle, which can seem a surpisingly reasonable thing to do at 2.2.

I wouldn't be unreasonable on this - I'd still pay for dry-cleaning - even shift a bit on the laundry, but that ironing hell needs to be free: press for free pressing!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I have to have cheerful music for ANY housework other than cooking. However, tax returns - HMRC probably wouldn’t be impressed but it’d be great if they were. Emptying a poo box or scrubbing out the bins, definitely hypo!

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
downstairs neighbours being flooded out due to doors being accidentally opened on full cycle, which can seem a surpisingly reasonable thing to do at 2.2.
You must have an old washing machine.... Our door locks until it's finished. No chance of opening it on a full cycle.

Sophhhsss94

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I used to use hypos as an excuse to get out of p.e and sit in the form room with my box of hypo chocolates.. my mum eventually got concerned that she kept having to refill my box and cottoned on to it!

Reactions: mountaintom