Using pump but still high

Sugar pie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
banana's, fake people,
I Have been using the accu-chek pump since tuesday and things are not improving. Going high during the night and waking up high. This morning was the first time I changed the cartridge and cannula. Then my bs was 8.4 before lunch (3 ryvita and an apple) had 4units, continued to tidy up the garden and two hours later my bs is 24! Also finding that the cannula doesnt stick very well and had to change it daily, even when using transpore tape. The first two days on the pump was great but now I am reduced to tears and feel like I might have been too optimistic, obviously I am going wrong somewhere. My basal rates are 0.4u from 7am to midnight the 0.45u from midnight to 7am, my carb ration is 1-10g with my evening meal ratio being 1u-9g. Any suggestion for a seriously stressed and worried pump user! :(

Clorinda

Are you sure the transpore tape isn't making the cannula come out?

Also, the diabetic nurses told me that on the first day, of a set change the pump isn't as efficient as later days. Also, do you think you are more insulin resistant at different times of the day?

I think pumps need tweaking, and you should try it for a bit longer. My baby is on a pump and it's taken a lot of tweaks, but we are getting there....

Clorinda

Sugar pie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
banana's, fake people,
I've tested during the night and my bs steadily rises which results in me having a couple of correction doses before I even get up. I have an appointment witth the DN this afternoon and am going to sugeest putting my basal rate up at all times as even when I'm not eating my bs still goes up. Anyway lets see what the DN has to say, lets hope its something useful.