UTIs consequences

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello Frank, and welcome,

Not a man, but a frequent flyer when it comes to UTI's. Odds are it's still going if the pain persists, so might want to turn in another urine sample to see if a second course of antibiotics is required to keep it from traveling up to your kidneys. Please do get it tested, because you don't want it to get out of hand.

How's your blood sugar control? I ask because the bacteria absolutely adore sweet urine, and thrive on it. You might want to sour things a little. A D-Mannose supplement might help, and please, drink a LOT of water, as to flush out bacteria as much as possible. I know it's painful, but keeping it in only makes it that much worse. Maybe add some lemon juice to the water? Also, if your blood sugars are usually high, try and get them down. https://josekalsbeek.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-nutritional-thingy.html might help some in that respect, but don't wait for blood sugars to go down to normal levels, get cracking on everything else you can do to get this sorted faster.

Like weeing in a jar and turning it in!

Hope you feel better soon!
Jo

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
I have recently had a UTI, it’s been 2 weeks since I finished my antibiotics but I still get a lot of burning when I pass urine. Have any other men experienced this?
I'm not a man either, but I agree with @JoKalsbeek that you may need to get checked out. (I had lots of UTIs in my high blood sugar youth).

Can I ask what medication you are on for your T2?