1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Vaccines

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by eee123, Jan 5, 2021.

1. eee123

eee123 Type 2 · Newbie

Does anyone know why Diabetics over 65 are considered no more at risk from Covid as anyone else of the same age as they are due to receive the vaccine at the same time? On the other hand younger diabetics are considered more at risk that those without of the same age?

2. Lamont D

Lamont D Reactive hypoglycemia · Master

I think they have just lumped them all together as I think I'm in the seventh round of jabs and if you are shielding, over 70, or other susceptible groups, should have had the vaccine already by the time they get to us!
    I'm sixty six in a few weeks and the wife is in round four and she is not yet turned sixty, because she has to shield because of other numerous conditions including diabetes.

Stay safe

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook