1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Vegetarian/Vegan

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by ExD, Jan 25, 2017.

1. ExD

ExD Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Where can I find LCHF diets for vegitarians and vegans who are diabetic and coeliac?

2. Engineer88

Engineer88 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

3. ExD

ExD Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link, I'd forgotten quorn and tofu , thank you - but I do remember one of them is not gluten free (I'll check the packets this afternoon when I do my shopping). I think fish eaters are called pescatarians or something like that, there's also a name for egg eaters I expect 'ova' something?
    If dairy is included we can get fat and animal protein from cheese, eggs and cream, but it must be rather difficult for strict vegans.
    I also seem to remember one of the vitamins (B12?) cannot be made by humans and so its necessary to supplement????

#3 ExD, Jan 25, 2017 at 11:34 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2017
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook