Verrucas

dollydaydream2014

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Just spotted a question about corns and wonder if anyone has any ideas how to get rid of verrucas ? I've had one in the same place under my foot for about 5 years... The podiatrist doesn't want to touch it and I'm scared to try the over the counter remedies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Classy as this makes me sound, I've had one for 17 years. I was having it treated as a child at the doctors but it never went away. I went back about 5 years ago for treatment for a while but it's made no difference!

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

dollydaydream2014

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Ok I just googled it would I leave it on all the time or just overnight?
I'll give it a go I'm fed up with it !
Thanks

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I know you have to be careful how you treat them. Yet for some unknown reason they seem to go away on their own after many years of trying all kinds of treatment.:nurse:

Lets hope yours disappear pretty soon.:coldfeet:

good luck with the duct tape.:)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Just spotted a question about corns and wonder if anyone has any ideas how to get rid of verrucas ? I've had one in the same place under my foot for about 5 years... The podiatrist doesn't want to touch it and I'm scared to try the over the counter remedies.

Does the podiatrist give a specific reason for not wanting to touch it ?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
She just quoted the problems of healing in diabetics and said it was best left alone

It might well be she's right that's its best left alone, but if your uncertain ask your gp to take a look at it and give their opinion.

janewatt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The duct tape really does work, but takes at least a month.

I bought a nice bright red roll of it for my granddaughter. She changed it after showers, kept it dry and always covered. Gone in 4 weeks with no nasty chemicals.
I've heard it may take a bit longer sometimes.

Good luck!
Jane.

dollydaydream2014

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Classy as this makes me sound, I've had one for 17 years. I was having it treated as a child at the doctors but it never went away. I went back about 5 years ago for treatment for a while but it's made no difference!

Ooh I missed this earlier sorry! 17 years OMG there's no hope then!

Have you tried the duct tape?

dollydaydream2014

Type of diabetes
Type 1
The duct tape really does work, but takes at least a month.

I bought a nice bright red roll of it for my granddaughter. She changed it after showers, kept it dry and always covered. Gone in 4 weeks with no nasty chemicals.
I've heard it may take a bit longer sometimes.

Good luck!
Jane.

Thanks Jane I'll try it.... Especially like the sound of red tape!!!

dollydaydream2014

Type of diabetes
Type 1
It might well be she's right that's its best left alone, but if your uncertain ask your gp to take a look at it and give their opinion.

If the tape doesn't work maybe I will or maybe I'll be a member of the 17 year verrucas club

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If the tape doesn't work maybe I will or maybe I'll be a member of the 17 year verrucas club

We're an exclusive club. Only very special people get membership.

I don't get pain from it, but I find it embarrassing and won't go barefoot or anything

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
If the tape doesn't work maybe I will or maybe I'll be a member of the 17 year verrucas club/quote]

Before using the duck tape I would get a second opinion from your gp first, as diabetics we do have to be extremely careful with our feet

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Before using the duck tape I would get a second opinion from your gp first, as diabetics we do have to be extremely careful with our feet

Its recommended by gps cause its a non invasive treatment diabetic or not. Just starves the bacteria of oxygen. No other issues would be caused.
Unless you have an allergic reaction to the sticky stuff on the tape

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App