Very sudden increase in numbers

kellywelly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi

I'm currently on holiday at the moment. In UK. No sudden change in temp. In theory should be more relaxed.

My numbers are usually really good and average around 5 or 6. Suddenly my numbers have jumped up and are around a low of 9.

My freestyle libre is showing I've gone from and average of 86% in target to 63% in 2 weeks. I'm still doing the same amount of exercise, apart from more tea and coffee, not a massive change in how I'm eating. I've increased both my lantus and humalog, but if I look at my results it looks like my body is Suddenly not registering humalog at all.

I've swapped pens, though not from a different batch as I only have a limited supply here and I've tried injecting my leg a few times instead of my stomach.

Does anyone have any ideas or have experienced this?

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi there, could it be the 'stress' of the holiday? I know it's a fun thing but the body is sometimes a bit dim and cannot recognise good stress from bad! If I have a stressful day at work for example, up it goes. It does soon come down though so if yours has been high all week then sorry, I don't really know, other than this pesky diabetes doing its own thing.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @kellywelly Sadly I find holidays hard work on my diabetes as there's so many variables affecting control you have to be extra vigilant for a few days until you settle in, it literally could be anything, even a change in routine/sleep can shift levels, just try to enjoy yourself as it's great to get away :)

Trevor vP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

I'm currently on holiday at the moment. In UK. No sudden change in temp. In theory should be more relaxed.

My numbers are usually really good and average around 5 or 6. Suddenly my numbers have jumped up and are around a low of 9.

My freestyle libre is showing I've gone from and average of 86% in target to 63% in 2 weeks. I'm still doing the same amount of exercise, apart from more tea and coffee, not a massive change in how I'm eating. I've increased both my lantus and humalog, but if I look at my results it looks like my body is Suddenly not registering humalog at all.

I've swapped pens, though not from a different batch as I only have a limited supply here and I've tried injecting my leg a few times instead of my stomach.

You say more Coffee and Tea is that with Milk?