1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Victoza injections

Discussion in 'Diabetes Medication and Drugs' started by lancsamb, Jul 11, 2021.

1. lancsamb

lancsamb · Newbie

I am injecting my self every morning at about 0800 with 1.8 mg of this drug. Does anyone suffer from a sharp pain in the left side of the abdomen, when I get this pain I have started to check by blood sugars and they are usually a little low around 4.5 . Does anyone else who takes this drug get the same effects. I also take 1000 mg of metformin sr twice a day with meals .

2. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi, and welcome to the forum!
    Are you sure on the name of the drug you inject? I didn't think gliclazide came as an injectable, usually it's a tablet.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. lancsamb

lancsamb · Newbie

It’s called victoza

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. EllieM

EllieM Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

HI Ian and welcome to the forums. Would you like me or another mod to change the title of your thread for you so that it says Victoza Injections?

5. lancsamb

lancsamb · Newbie

Yes please

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook