1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

victoza

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by lacerta, Feb 14, 2017.

1. lacerta

lacerta Prediabetes · Member

my obgyn suggested adding victoza to metformin to help loose weight. I doubt my endocrinologist will be able to make it state funded. It costs over 100 euros for package, how long would I go with one package? How many pens are there?

2. Daibell

Daibell LADA · Master

Hi. Have you tried all diet options before moving to Victoza? That means keeping the carbs way down probably below 100gm/day. For most people that would produce a weight reduction and help reduce insulin resistance.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook