victoza

jtuddy

Just to say ive used victroza for 6months now ive had no side effects and ive lost weight with it aswell my hba1c has been perfect cant say enough about it

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Re: victroza

I'm pleased that you have found it helpful. I am getting similarly good results with Byetta and, like you, no side effects.

Regards

Doug

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying

Hi jtuddy,
I have been using victoza since feb 2011 after total intolerance issues/ disastors with tablet form meds for type2. Metformin in ANY formula made me sooo ill.... Tried them ALL too.
Am chuffed to bits that victoza combined with levemir insulin therapy works ideally for me.
Like yourself on the victoza no side effects and the peptide completely agrees with my body and system.
Guess we are the lucky ones with victoza as so many others cant tolerate it. Even my own consultant vouches this very fact...
Quite happily will continue with this combination of therapy as it DOES work well with me.
Its nice to hear the same great response from another happy victoza user.
Anna.x :D

Doris99

Dislikes
fatigue

Hi,
I just started with Victoza. I read very good thinks for Victoza. I hope will work for me.
I need also to lose 20 pounds. I started a year ago a vejetarian diet., not so mutch help. :?

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying

Hi Doris,
Good luck with the new start of your treatment using victoza.
Let us know how you go on with using victoza.
It acts as an appetite suppressant with the stomach also as welll as helping to reduce your BG levels, with the right size portions of food its highly successful with aiding weightloss .
Hope this helps?
Anna.x :D

mamma_caz

Type of diabetes
Type 2

I was on the trials of Victoza at 1.8 a couple of years ago, it worked really well for me, I was able to take 1500mg of Metformin daily along with it without the metformin playing me up. However my GP was unable to let me have more than 0.6 daily because of the cost. I was put onto Januvia recently along with 1000mg and my levels have gone up. Before being put on the Januvia although high they never went above HBA1C of 10 but I cannot tolerate Metformin in anyway more than 1000mg a day because of the dreadful diarrhoea I get with it.
Despite being asked yet again to try the Slow Release (because I always find I have more stomach pains on it than normal) I am now sitting here with a really bad case of eggy burps and stomachs pains I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, even my teaspoon of cider vinegar in warm water isn't working.
I am now waiting to here from the consultant for referal and hopefully he will prescribe the full dose of victoza I was on before.
I will say though with the victoza that you have to watch what you eat and I don't mean being silly, I mean the type of foods, I found I was intolerant of pasta if I ate it I would be vomiting within 12 hours and I still don't eat it now, and there were other foods that I had to watch for the same reason.
I will now have to wait and see what happens... :roll: