Virta Health Low Carb Clinical Trial Results Published

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
To quote from one of there blog posts:
In our own internal cost savings analysis, we estimate average employer savings of nearly $10,000 in the first 24 months for each person living with type 2 diabetes who enrolls in the Virta Treatment.
Remember that most health care in the USA is paid for by employers, and hence VirtaHealth only needs to convert one accounting department at a time to the benefits of "low carb" without having to get all doctors etc on side! Then the employers will start paying for virta health (with a discount) and promoting it to their employees with Type2.

(The list of investors in VirtaHealth is very impressive, each of these investors is also on the board of other companies who are likely to become their customers. VirtaHealth is now all over the investing press in the UK based on how much money companies can save using them. All without having to get 'approval' from the health care establishment.)
see https://blog.virtahealth.com/the-economic-benefits-of-type-2-diabetes-reversal/

Reactions: lefeilouss

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Their "advert" has just hit youtube, and it is the best explanation of how carb I have seen so far. So good, I expect some low carb doctors will use it, then say that low carb can be done without virta if someone is committed and willing to spend time learning.

Reactions: merlo

merlo

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi! I thought it would be helpful if I posted a link to Virta's one-year study explanation for how we reversed type 2 diabetes, written by Amy McKenzie, from our science team. In defense of the price point, because we're practicing medicine (we're titrating patient meds 24/7, which can require pretty extensive physician supervision, especially in the early days), the cost to the consumer is sometimes higher. For some patients the out of pocket expense is zero- those patients have coverage through their insurer or company. Some patients need to pay entirely out of pocket, but we do offer patient assistance for those who qualify. Ultimately we need universal insurance coverage so that all patients can access this treatment, and we're working towards that. In the USA, that takes a long time!